aberdeen-music

Can anyone tell me what kind of backline Caf Drummonds has?

Hollowboy

How's the kit doing these days? Is it still decent enough or is it best avoided?

Ah, you guys are playing soon aren't you.

Take your own if you can, as long as your willing to share cos there's not normally time to change over kits on the FH nights.

The house kit has seen better days and they don't seem to understand the word 'maintenance' in there.

Or 'tuning' come to think of it.

Ah, you guys are playing soon aren't you.

Take your own if you can, as long as your willing to share cos there's not normally time to change over kits on the FH nights.

The house kit has seen better days and they don't seem to understand the word 'maintenance' in there.

Or 'tuning' come to think of it.

Cheers, I thought as much. I will consult with the good Captain and see what the other bands want to do. And who's got the nicest kit...

We played there on Sunday night. There's a decent enough kit, which is miked up, bring your own cymbals. There's 2 Marshall valvestates, a complex looking one that sounds really good and a less complex ones that sounds a wee bit ropey (they sit mikes in front of them). Good bass amp. There are no working footswitches. Bring your own. They only soundcheck the first and last bands on the bill so if youre in the middle don't bother turning up early. They have great monitors in there, you can hear everything crystal clear, especially good for the singer who tends to go a bit flat if he can't hear himself, ie me. I was really impressed with the whole sound actually, though the sound guy did appear to be very very stoned. :laughing:

They only soundcheck the first and last bands on the bill so if youre in the middle don't bother turning up early. They have great monitors in there, you can hear everything crystal clear, especially good for the singer who tends to go a bit flat if he can't hear himself, ie me. I was really impressed with the whole sound actually, though the sound guy did appear to be very very stoned. :laughing:

How many bands they soundcheck is entirely dependent on the timings that the promoter gives the sound engineer. Normally every band will get a soundcheck if it's possible.

I've always found the monitors to be a bit muddy in there if I use the house EQ which is why I go in early to tweak them when I'm doing the headline act.

Stoned or hungover? Knowing Calum it's the latter,he's not a stoner.