aberdeen-music

my amp's on ebay.

scottST

no, ebay removed it cos i put in the posting that it was available elsewhere.

bastards, haha

Caaaahnts!!!!

On the bottom of the "Create Your Listing" page, there's a text box for "Additional checkout instructions"

Stick something like - "You are required to pay in full within 7 days after end of sale. This item is advertised elsewhere and may be withdrawn before the end of sale."

And that's you covered legally without infringing on their weird listing policies.

Caaaahnts!!!!

On the bottom of the "Create Your Listing" page, there's a text box for "Additional checkout instructions"

Stick something like - "You are required to pay in full within 7 days after end of sale. This item is advertised elsewhere and may be withdrawn before the end of sale."

And that's you covered legally without infringing on their weird listing policies.

excellent, cheers for that paul!

nae joy on whether your mate's needing it at all? :down:

The latest is that they will be checking your isp, and if you use another computer to post a listing you have to phone them and tell them.

wtf? is that actually happening?

Ebay's getting more and more ridiculous. Surely somebody should be setting up a rival?

The latest is that they will be checking your isp, and if you use another computer to post a listing you have to phone them and tell them.

That's tantamount to an invasion of privacy and downright creepy.

I think eBay started off with good intentions - as a kind of virtual car boot sale.

But once the 's and $$$'s started flowing and the scammers reccognised the window of opportunity, it lost it's way.

What fucks me off, are the fees - if you use their PayPal service, you can get hit FOUR times - Listing Fee, Final Valuation Fee, 4% of your gross to PayPal and as a final insult, they charge you for withdrawing your own money.