aberdeen-music

Rack Mounted Power Amp Wanted

Diesel

What ohmage are the speakers you're wanting to run?

Not yet secured. Currently looking at a few - Probably 8ohms

Edit : And the startled face that inadvertantly appeared, sums me up perfectly. I have shyed away from the PA side of things in the past, so I'm in over my head here.

Not yet secured. Currently looking at a few - Probably 8ohms

Edit : And the startled face that inadvertantly appeared, sums me up perfectly. I have shyed away from the PA side of things in the past, so I'm in over my head here.

Get the speakers first.

If you get a 1400W into 8 amp and run a 4 ohm cab on it there's a fair chance you'll toast the speakers/x-over with the extra power unless you're very careful.

If get a 1400W into 4 amp and try to run an 8 ohm speaker you'll be hideously underpowered and may well toast the speakers trying to get the amp to over-perform and going into clip.

Get the speakers first.

If you get a 1400W into 8 amp and run a 4 ohm cab on it there's a fair chance you'll toast the speakers/x-over with the extra power unless you're very careful.

If get a 1400W into 4 amp and try to run an 8 ohm speaker you'll be hideously underpowered and may well toast the speakers trying to get the amp to over-perform and going into clip.

Yeah - so I'm led to believe!

I know that much from my guitar amps, but I thoughts these puppies were swichtable?