aberdeen-music

Ebay victories

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Just won the Carcass "Peel Sessions" 12" for 8.69 ppd! This is the best I've felt since my ex left town. Not long ago, picked up the Rupture "Get Fucked, Cunt" 7" for 1.74 ppd. What's your most glorious Ebay bargain?

:up:

2005 Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst - 143.00.

I was advertised as an Epiphone Les Paul from a liquidation sale, but in the slightly decapitated photo, it looked like the tale of the "G" of Gibson very top of the photo which stopped around the middle of the 'E' & 'G' tuning pegs.

The sale had only about 3hrs to go with 1 bid, it was late and I didn't want to alert the guy (probably someone who'd got the sale inventory mixed up), so I thought "what the fuck?" and put a max bid of 150.

I won the sale and the Gibbo arrived 3 days later - inc hardcase.

It was at least 3 weeks before I stopped laughing :up:

My no. 1 fave is my Tascam 4-track (424 Mk II). Think it cost me about 35, which at the time was lower than most. Fookin great aswell.

No. 2 would be the Death Church LP with the original foldy-outy poster. Had the reissue for years but it doesn't have the massive creepy poster. Staring at it for long periods of time could possibly change you irrepairably. Think it ended up around a tenner. Again, seen it sell for quite alot more a few times before I scored it.

No. 2 would be the Death Church LP with the original foldy-outy poster. Had the reissue for years but it doesn't have the massive creepy poster. Staring at it for long periods of time could possibly change you irrepairably. Think it ended up around a tenner. Again, seen it sell for quite alot more a few times before I scored it.

was that rudimentary peni?

I had that LP...and in my "hard student days" was forced to sell it to one up for a pound...

ah, hard times. I lost a lot of records to rent.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Staring at it for long periods of time could possibly change you irrepairably.

Which may partly at least account for Nick Blinko believing he was Pope Adrian the 37th. Just a quick read of the "Cacophony" lyrics was a sure sign all was not well.

Which may partly at least account for Nick Blinko believing he was Pope Adrian the 37th. Just a quick read of the "Cacophony" lyrics was a sure sign all was not well.

Cacophony's probably my favourite Peni LP, funnily enough. Possibly my favourite LP full stop. I'm a HP Lovecraft devotee, so goes without saying really.

To Lepeep, yes. They're the one of the only band's from the anarcho-punk past that I can still listen to. Totally unique, amazing records. Even their newer stuff is decent.

In the very early days of ebay when it was the US site only was looking for a roy hamilton 45 and couldn't believe my luck when in a box of 45s of which there was a roy h 45 in it but not the one I wanted there was a Ralph graham 45 she just sits there on upfront got the whole box for $16 the ralph g 45 is now selling for about a grand.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Cacophony's probably my favourite Peni LP, funnily enough. Possibly my favourite LP full stop.

I felt strange after listening to it the first time, to put it mildly. While there's an RP geek-out going on, you picked up the "Catastrophe" boot. LP? 3 very early gigs, pre-"Cacophony" stuff but top-notch sound quality.