aberdeen-music

New Less Than Jake, Offspring and Alkaline Trio

Foreskin Ninja

I didn't realise (or really care, for that matter) that there was new Offspring material until this thread emerged. Had a listen to the 1st single, and it's bullshit. No constructive criticism or reasoning needed.

I'm not surprised though- the last album was gash.

Less Than Jake were my first love just about 10 years ago. I heard a couple of songs on the old Ps1 game Street Skater and was hooked, along with songs by ALL, who are also one of my favourite bands ever.

LTJ haven't put anything good out since 2000 though. Their 2nd major label stint was quite underwhelming. I'm looking forward to hearing the new album.

Despite loving LTJ, I've always hated ska-punk weirdly enough. Just a load of trumpet parping nonsense from a bunch of students wearing wacky trousers.

I had a big hard-on for Less Than Jake for a while but listening back to them now they're a bit shit. They were fun at the time but I think they've had their day a bit. Hello Rockview was good mind you.

Ditto Offspring, they were great when they started, but then they went a bit novelty punk, and that was fun for a while but after hearing Pretty Fly For A White Guy or Why Don't You Get A Job repeatedly I find it a bit difficult to take them seriously these days. Though I still love tracks like Feelings and The Kids Aren't Alright. I might check out their new stuff just out of curiosity.

Never really listened to Alkaline Trio..... was it them that did Armageddon? There was a lassie I used to work with years ago that I wanted to snake and she used to go on about them so I downloaded a couple of tracks to see what they sounded like, wasn't really for me.

Despite loving LTJ, I've always hated ska-punk weirdly enough. Just a load of trumpet parping nonsense from a bunch of students wearing wacky trousers.

I was a huge ska punk fan back in about 2002/2003, during which time I was a student who would only wear big wide denim flares. So I guess that pretty much rings true in my case. I was a big fan of LTJ, I remember seeing them at Leeds 2003 on the same bill as NoFX and Reel Big Fish, I almost had a big wank.

I was a huge ska punk fan back in about 2002/2003, during which time I was a student who would only wear big wide denim flares. So I guess that pretty much rings true in my case. I was a big fan of LTJ, I remember seeing them at Leeds 2003 on the same bill as NoFX and Reel Big Fish, I almost had a big wank.

Fat Mike could give anyone a semi! :princess: