aberdeen-music

Advanced/professional driving tuition?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

As there is no motoring forum, I'm posting here. I suppose it could go in the sports forum but we all know that's actually just a football forum.

Was looking on the Knockhill website to see if they do any sort of track training, and they do: 109 gets you 25 laps with a tutor round the course, and you can bring your own car. They reckon it'll take you about an hour. Is this a decent price, and has anybody had experience with their tutors? Is there anywhere closer that will allow a beginner to get some track experience with a pro in the passenger seat?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

X(

Please read my post before giving me a Google reply. I don't care about catching motorbound criminals or trying to lower my insurance premium, I'm trying to learn how to drive a car on a race track.

As there is no motoring forum, I'm posting here. I suppose it could go in the sports forum but we all know that's actually just a football forum.

Was looking on the Knockhill website to see if they do any sort of track training, and they do: 109 gets you 25 laps with a tutor round the course, and you can bring your own car. They reckon it'll take you about an hour. Is this a decent price, and has anybody had experience with their tutors? Is there anywhere closer that will allow a beginner to get some track experience with a pro in the passenger seat?

I can take you along the boolie and back 25 times for 20.

X(

Please read my post before giving me a Google reply. I don't care about catching motorbound criminals or trying to lower my insurance premium, I'm trying to learn how to drive a car on a race track.

To be fair mate try posting under a thread title thats a little less ambiguous. Maybe something like "Race track driving tuition" would have been more appropriate.

I've always fancied a bit of a run round a track in a fast car as well, though it would be nice to thrash the crap out of a "normal" car too :D

Are you planning on tacking up something like Touring car racing or the such-like?

X(

Did you actually read what Roadcraft/the Advanced Driving Test is about? I dare say some of the things covered would be more than useful on the track. Once you've got those things nailed down, then would be the time to learn how to drive at speed, no? Knowing the basics of how to handle a car properly can only help you....

Guest Neutral

If you go to boots in the bon accord centre they have packages where you can drive racing cars or have lessons, might be worth trying one of these first, you might be able to get info from them. You could also go to a race meet - stock car - carting etc...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Thanks for all the helpful answers everyone - I'm specifically looking for someone to sit in my car and show me what i'm doing wrong on a racing track.

Not looking to get into amateur racing or anything, just want to start learning how it's done properly - quite fond of kart racing but it's not the same and now driving something that might actually hold its own on a track!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'll need many things but most of them will come after finding out if knockhill's track tuition is any good, and whether or not there are decent local alternatives.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'm asking on a forum frequented by Aberdonians so that I can get an idea of what is available locally, if I wanted advice on track insurance I would ask on a car forum.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Are you this big a wanker in real life?

People are just trying to help you out.

How about you pop along to knockhill and have a look for yourself?

Sure, i'll just nip there on the way to the shops to pick up a pint of milk, and assert the quality of their track tuition by looking at the cars zooming past.

Just kidding :up:

Sorry, but I hoped there would be at least one person on here who has a participating interest in motorsport - and much though it is nice for people to reply by saying I should ask on a car forum, I was hoping for an experienced opinion. Tell ya what: if I do take the plunge and fork out for some one-on-one track instruction, I'll post a full review up here so that anybody else who's curious can get a straight answer to their question.:up:

Guest Neutral
Sure, i'll just nip there on the way to the shops to pick up a pint of milk, and assert the quality of their track tuition by looking at the cars zooming past.

Just kidding :up:

Sorry, but I hoped there would be at least one person on here who has a participating interest in motorsport - and much though it is nice for people to reply by saying I should ask on a car forum, I was hoping for an experienced opinion. Tell ya what: if I do take the plunge and fork out for some one-on-one track instruction, I'll post a full review up here so that anybody else who's curious can get a straight answer to their question.:up:

Hey you could post it in the car forum :up: Oh wait......

Aberdeen Cruising

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Hey you could post it in the car forum :up: Oh wait......

Aberdeen Cruising

i'm more into driving than talking to virginal corsa owners who spend their evenings looking at each other's shitty halfords mods on a street beside the beach

Guest Neutral
i'm more into driving than talking to virginal corsa owners who spend their evenings looking at each other's shitty halfords mods on a street beside the beach

They might be able to help with regards to your original query....

You really a narrow minded twat :laughing:

Premonitions of the site because of it's name :laughing: There are plenty people on that forum that could help. But if you wish to slate it and be a knob, fair enough.

:up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You really a narrow minded twat :laughing:

Premonitions of the site because of it's name :laughing: There are plenty people on that forum that could help. But if you wish to slate it and be a knob, fair enough.

:up:

aw please don't deny me entry from your local cruising mates knob polishing forum