aberdeen-music

new sigur ros album

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

is absolutely incredible.

i downloaded it yesterday and it shits all over everything ever.

the song in english is heartwrenching. brilliant. just plain brilliant.

What is so fancy about the 60 version?

Deluxe Edition: This exquisitely presented deluxe edition is a unique document of the creation of Sigur Rs' fifth album in film, photography and music. Given unprecedented access to the final stages of the making and release of the group's new album, photographer Eva Vermandel and film-maker Nicholas Abrahams create an intimate and revealing portrait of the Icelandic quartet at work on their most immediate record to date.

Housed in a large-format, fine weave cloth-bound hardback book, the deluxe edition comprises nearly 200 pages of fine art photographic images, as well as an impressionistic film portrait of Sigur Rs, as they record, mix and master "Me su eyrum vi spilum endalaust". Locations include New York, London, Mexico, Reykjavik and beyond, and take in the filming of the 'Gobbledigook' video, tour rehearsals, the early shows on the tour, as well as exclusive band interviews relating to the record.

Each edition is individually numbered and includes a unique strip of 16mm film taken from the video Gobbledigook as well as the DVD and album.

192-pages. 300 mm x 240 mm. Includes CD of "Me su eyrum vi spilum endalaust" and exclusive DVD.

Sigur Ros

Guest treader.

easily. like i said, the song in english is incredible. it's about when jonsi cheated on his (then) boyfriend and all the guilt he feels etc.

really minimalistic, but brilliant.

and ra btur is the most uplifting thing in the world. it should automatically play if people are atop everest.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely breathtaking stuff. Just on my second listen through now and agree that Ara Batur and the English-song are both beautiful. Definitely feels like a progression rather than any sort of radical shift but then with Sigur Ros I think that's what you want. A natural, organic change suits them and their music best.

• 3 months later...

this album is simply said, a masterpiece

the contrast of tracks is perfect and i do agree with ra btur being one of the best songs on there

when i first heard the first track - Gobbledigook i was thinking this album was going to be completely different to the previous, but its not as different as i was expecting and is a great transition from Takk