aberdeen-music

Weirdest Film I've ever seen.

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

In terms of creepy weird awkward movies. almost certainly eraserhead.

but i remember seeing a bunch of short films on channel 4 years ago when i was WAY too young to be watching them. some of them consisted of:

1. A guy and his mum living together, and his mum went away to get plastic surgery on her whole body and the boy just stayed at home and worked out. then this woman came round to the house, and they had sex. then he found out it was his mum, all new body and face and that, and he was so guilt-ridden...he was eaten alive by his carpet. WEIRD.

2. A baby and a 18 year old lad swapped bodies. So the baby was being breast-fed and thought it could have sex as a result. and the lad down the pub was shitting himself and stuff. Sounds comedic and all, but it was actually just dark and really creepy.

3. Oh and somehow, a guy became a fly, and flew around to his house where he was living with his grandparents, and saw his grandma fucking his grandad with a strap-on.

they were the kind of movies/short films that would be on after a classic movie that i taped with a blank VHS and when it overran, i just carried on watching.

anyone else seen gross crap like this!?

2 and 3 are Irvine Welsh stories from Acid House.

And yes, Eraserhead is great, as is all David Lynch.

Eraserhead - often described as a dark, brooding experimental firm. Hard-going but watchable nonetheless.

Correct on the Welsh stories- The 1st is called "Acid House"....

....and the 2nd is "Granton Star Cause", with the unforgettable sex scene - "no' the shite!, dinnae shite in ma mooth, dinnae shite.....SHITE IN MA MOOTH, SHITE IN MA MOOTH"

No idea on the carpet/incest story though.

Guest treader.

where can i see them again? are they online/streamable?

wouldnt really want to buy them but interested to see if they make any more sense now im not 12.

where can i see them again? are they online/streamable?

wouldnt really want to buy them but interested to see if they make any more sense now im not 12.

Think I've got Acid House on DVD - there's three short stories on it - including "A Soft Touch" which is the best of the three.

I can burn you a "back-up" of it if you like

Guest treader.
Think I've got Acid House on DVD - there's three short stories on it - including "A Soft Touch" which is the best of the three.

I can burn you a "back-up" of it if you like

that'd be lovely. thanks!

"A soft touch" is the only decent film in the Acid House movie....great peformances from Kevin McKidd and Gary McCormack (the bassist for the band The Exploited, circa Troops of tomorrow!!)

I agree - it was easily the best of the three. Larry (McCormack) was as vile a character as you're likely to see on the screen - he steals the John's wife, then cheerfully tells the poor guy "if ye ever fancy a poke at it, a 10, seeing it's you, likesay"

The weirdest film I've seen I think is called Creatures that time forgot. The plot revolved around a group of cavemen (who only comunicated in grunts) that had their homes destroyed by a volcano. The volcanic eruption seemed to last a good 45 minutes... Also, a power struggle seemed to emerge between (I think) two brothers in the tribe, which involved some fight at the end where skulls were worn on heads. Also in the film was a fight with the most inrealist bear I've ever seen and an altercation with tribesmen in a jungle. They wore massive masks. There was no dialogue in this film either other than grunts.

Has anyone seen this film before? I'd actually be keen to get it on DVD just to make sense of it.

"sayat nova" by sergei parajanov always unsettles me, i can't really explain why

it doesn't seem to have a plot as such, apparantly it is based on the life of an armenian poet

it's just a series of loosely connected images, no camera movement

that reminds me of "you, the living", a film i saw last night.

that came out last year, i couldn't make too much sense of it but it was really pretty to look at and i'd like to watch it again

The weirdest film I've seen I think is called Creatures that time forgot. The plot revolved around a group of cavemen (who only comunicated in grunts) that had their homes destroyed by a volcano. The volcanic eruption seemed to last a good 45 minutes... Also, a power struggle seemed to emerge between (I think) two brothers in the tribe, which involved some fight at the end where skulls were worn on heads. Also in the film was a fight with the most inrealist bear I've ever seen and an altercation with tribesmen in a jungle. They wore massive masks. There was no dialogue in this film either other than grunts.

Has anyone seen this film before? I'd actually be keen to get it on DVD just to make sense of it.

I think that you're referring to "Clan of The Cave Bear", starring none other than Elle Driver herself, Darryl Hannah.

Im memory serves, the dialogue is indeed in grunts, with subtitles!

And here ye go....

Clan Of The Cave Bear (DVD) Daryl Hannah - RARE * on eBay, also, DVDs, DVD, Film TV (end time 21-Jun-08 09:35:49 BST)

I think that you're referring to "Clan of The Cave Bear", starring none other than Elle Driver herself, Darryl Hannah.

Im memory serves, the dialogue is indeed in grunts, with subtitles!

And here ye go....

Clan Of The Cave Bear (DVD) Daryl Hannah - RARE * on eBay, also, DVDs, DVD, Film TV (end time 21-Jun-08 09:35:49 BST)

No, that isn't it. This film was made in the late 60's/ealry 70's...