aberdeen-music

katerwaul, popolo, debutant and grozny at the tunnels

im not too sure about stage times yet. im hoping things will start quite early so people could maybe come along before errors at snafu but at the same time dont want to start things of and having the first band playing to no one. we'll keep you posted.

Guest idol_wild

I'll happily play to nobody to kick things off if it means we can all see the truly amazing Errors!

I'm in Kartta - I'm used to playing to nobody :D

this gig looks pretty great

debutant and grozny and katerwaul are all pretty great

popolo, judging from every description i've heard of them, should also be great

i second/third/whatever the motion that the bands should go on as early as possible though, for the same reasons as already covered in this thread

Guest idol_wild

Yas min. I'll get to debut (arf) my brand spanking new super duper loop pedal tomorrow night.

I have absolutely no idea how to use it yet, though.

go see popolo

they are great

yes, yes.

i had to leg it across to snafu to catch dana nana and the nakrudds so i missed their last couple of songs but i was really impressed with these guys. they reminded me of

the advantage a little bit. and devo, sorta.

grozny were decent too, shouty and "raw" sounding. great drumming, i'm surprised the kit is still intact.

i enjoyed debutant's set, the new equipment seemed to make a difference.

i only caught the end of katerwaul, due to my traversing the top end of union street, i hope to rectify this on saturday.

oh no.

he was beating the shit out of it. i hope they re-pay whoever for the damage.

yeah...he never, and he failed to tell me when it happened as well. Then when he was confronted about it, he told me there was already a gash in it (which i do not believe) as it sounded totally fine when Katerwaul sound checked.

meh, whatever, its replaced now.

they did strike me as having a bit of a disregard for people/property.

i was sitting on a bench next to the steps by myself during grozny and popolo. i went to the toilet, leaving my jacket on one of chairs. when i came back they were all sitting on the table, one of them had his feet up on my jacket.

i wouldn't normally rant about it as such, it just seems relevant now given that story about the drums. banging tunes anyway.

Guest idol_wild

I wasn't a fan of Grozny's punishing, relentless, uncharming take on music, nor was I fan of them as people. They acted as if they were the stars of the show.

Which was ironic, given that they weren't actually meant to be on the bill that the promoters hired the venue for.

That's weird, my band played with them in Glasgow the other night and were really nice guys. They offered me a place to stay at least twice. Good band, too.

Ach well, must have been an off-night. Annoyed I didn't make it, but I was, and still am completely skint.

• 4 months later...