aberdeen-music

Hypnosis

I'm seriously thinking on seeing a hypnotist in order to stop smoking. I've heard of many extremely successful cases and wouldn't mind hearing other people's experiences. Anyone had any? Also, i figured it would be good to find a reputable hypnotist in the Aberdeen area to see. Anyone know any good ones in our area?

Cheers

Rory

my old man got acupunture to help him stop after 20 odd years smoking.thats him bein stopped for over 10years now.i think with hypnosis or any of these things is that if u go in believing its going to work then thats most of the battle.if u go in skeptical then u dont really stand a chance

I had hypnosis a few years ago for my fear of flying. It worked very well until.... I was in Paris and the pilot had to carry out an emergency stop because another plane was on the runway.

However, I do have a lot of faith in hypnosis.

If you want, I can give you the guys name.

• 2 weeks later...
Derren Browns book on the subject is fascinating. It's pretty much your classic placebo effect.

He doesn't believe it has any effect at all and he has been doing it for years. If you believe in it it will work, but science shows that it has no real world effect. Same goes for acupuncture or other "alternative medicines".

I'd rather believe the new scientist...

Acupuncture relieves cancer chemotherapy fatigue - health - 20 December 2007 - New Scientist

"...Patients in the acupuncture group reported a 36% improvement in fatigue levels, whilst those in the acupressure group improved by 19%. Those in the sham acupressure group reported a 0.6% improvement."

I'd rather believe the new scientist...

Acupuncture relieves cancer chemotherapy fatigue - health - 20 December 2007 - New Scientist

"...Patients in the acupuncture group reported a 36% improvement in fatigue levels, whilst those in the acupressure group improved by 19%. Those in the sham acupressure group reported a 0.6% improvement."

But "This was a very small study and bigger randomised controlled trials are needed before we know for sure..."

And since they only used 47 people in total...