aberdeen-music

BRW003 - Kong - Blood Of A Dove/A Hint Of Rennit Innit 7"/dl

Brew Records

Kong-Blood_of_a_dove_7inch_front-2.jpg

We have joined forces with Manchester's Kong to bring you a super dirty 7". We are over the moon to have them on board to do their first single with us! It is released on 28th July on Brew Records and is available on 500 limited transparent 7 inch vinyl (and the usual download channels), with artwork courtesy of Joby J Ford (The Bronx). Preorders available from Tuesday 1st July 2008

Visit the Brew Myspace for some exclusive samples shortly. There is also their recent live performance from Channel M on our myspace.

MySpace.com - Brew Records I Concur single out now! - UK - Progressive / Progressive / Progressive - www.myspace.com/brewrecords

Here's some nice words from Andrew Falkous on the band. Fitting...

Kong is not a name chosen by accident. It does not describe an effeminate collection of callow fuckers thrust together by a desire to look plucked or sound eager to please.

All are/were/shall be in other, perhaps more commercially viable bands, which is notable only because it fills out their biography and creates the impression of a deeper back-story, which becomes, by definition, massively interesting to idiots. Yes, Nancy was in Janes Addiction, and Milicent founded ITV.

Kongs music, such as it is, takes all the risibly obnoxious elements of lots of very loud, credible bands, feeds it non-brand specific lager, then comes on it in its sleep.

In truth, they are difficult band to describe unless you're a music journalist, in which case you'd probably pick a large animal (elephant, dinosaur or a fantastical creature of myth) and put it in an unusual place (Middlesbrough) with predictably madcap results.

In summary - the first time I saw them play I felt a burning sensation on my arm and realised that I had developed eczema.

The album, 'Snake Magnet', will follow when somebody grows balls and fucking puts it out there.

Andrew Falkous 2008

(McLusky/Future of the left)

Preorders for the vinyl will be available on Tuesday 1st July.

KONGPROMOPIC.jpg

In other hot news we will be doing a record release party with some amazing band upstairs at the library, leeds on Friday 25th July. Get on this bad boy and you can pick up the 7" early.

Kong, Year Of The Man, Manatees and The Grand March. Very nice.

A3KONGBREWposter.jpg

• 3 weeks later...