aberdeen-music

Which digital tv aerial?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Finally got a freeview box last night, but as I expected I can't recieve a single channel using my normal aerials (one knackered outside one, and one not knackered but not very good indoor one). Has anybody in the center of town been able to receive a decent signal using an indoor aerial? The price range goes up to about 35 quid, which seems like quite a lot for a bit of bent coathanger wire...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

thanks but I already picked up an asda jobbie, 15 quid 38db boost. Picks up all ch4,more4,e4 & film four, all the stv ones and a few music channels - not having much luck with BBC so far but will probably spend more time experimenting with placement though to see what's what, I gather digital reception can be quite directional?

Guest Neutral
thanks but I already picked up an asda jobbie, 15 quid 38db boost. Picks up all ch4,more4,e4 & film four, all the stv ones and a few music channels - not having much luck with BBC so far but will probably spend more time experimenting with placement though to see what's what, I gather digital reception can be quite directional?

A channel with Interference on analog is watchable - on digital it is not

He could look to see which direction the outdoor aerials are pointing in?

I just had a gander and there seems to be a majority pointing approximately westward and the 'vanes,' or whatever you call them, are mostly horizontal, though that might depends on ariel type.

(@Tam o' Shantie) I'm interested in your success with this ASDA ariel myself as my roof ariel is also b0rked. How far is your abode off the ground?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I got the 15 pound 38db boosted asda one. i'm on the 2nd floor of a flat just off king street. when it's windy the reception can suffer a little. note to all though, avoid the goodmans digibox that sainsbury's sell. it's fucking shit, and intermittently will receive my television remote signal, and interpret it as a channel change signal. it's like a week and a half old and already acts up like the piece of shit it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a Telecam TCE2000 from Argos for a tenner. In town (King St area) 3rd floor tenement flat with a south facing window. Pointed the thing roughly at Durris and got every freeview channel after a bit of adjustment and rescanning. Slight and occasional signal breakup on the beeb channels, although that'll probably get worse in poor weather conditions.

So, it's maybe not a bad buy is basically it :up: