aberdeen-music

new weird fangle teenage fad?

Strat Harry

so i'm driving through the city centre this evening and cant help but notice there are hundreds of 13 to 16 year old girls kicking around the back of jumping jacks/ charlies wearing lycra hot pants, dayglo leggings, vests and stiletto's, well i'm old and farty and well out of touch, but what the hell is that all about? scooch? emo?

It's an under 18 disco night in Jumpin Jacks which runs up until they open properly at 10.30ish. They'll kick out everyone about the back of 10, then it's over 18s after.

The only reason I know this is that I taught/teach many of the young regulars, who treat it as the highlight of their week and consider themselves to be top of the Aberdeen social ladder because of its 'aceness'. Most students however consider it to be a huge collection of promiscuous minks, who are praying the BudzBar re-opens in time for them to be legally old enough to drink!

To think... we just used to get pissed down the park at that age ?(

Guest Neutral

There are some as young as 14, it was always good fun to just whistle at the ones you thought were over 16 then ask them how old they were, most were under o_O

Once had a group of about 30 of them swarm 3 of us and 2 police just up the road, not fun:up:

they wear the same queued up outside the unders night just along from me in edinburgh on a frday. except it's at 6pm so you're just on the buis back from work and spy a load of fanny out the window and then one of them turns around and you realise their age. it's brutal.

i thought the day-glo and stilettos thing was strange too, but i'm sure they enjoy themselves.

ok, we have established why all these chicks were hanging about at the back of jumping jacks, but surely they cant all think stilettos, dayglo tights, lycra hotpants and a vest suit them?

unless it compulsory, thus enabling the bouncers to know who to turf out a 10pm..?

Better that they dress like that instead of that emo suicide cult I've been reading so much about.

If I had to listen to nothing but My Chemical Romance and Panic! At the Disco, I'd self harm too.

But have you seen the new... 'well-informed' website by a mental health professional?!

Main Page @ whatisemo.bravehost.com - A Bravenet.com Hosted Site

Also.. Whatever you do... Don't disagree with her on her forum... Or she'll delete your posts and ban your IP! Yup. I used my learning in psychology and sociology and she didn't like it one little bit!

Such naivety!!

In an ideal world, where they'd go to the unders night at like half 6.... drink some irn-bru (without the vodka)... get the bus home at half 10... and text their friends in a giggle about what fun they've had.

Obviously it's not like that.

Personally I'd rather a bunch of 14 year olds who had probably had a drink were at an unders night that staying in town till like half 3 unable to look after themselves.

Guest treader.

it was called NRG. a neon night. hence the bright colours.

i know this because my friend michael who is 21 was flyered for it (it's advertised for 13-17)