aberdeen-music

I'm a bit disappointed by this

To be fair, I think the most succesful signature strats are the ones that aren't too outlandish. They got the strat pretty much "right" first time out, it really doesn't need too many wierd features.

It's just silly to buy guitars heavily marked up price on the basis of some rock star's name. Who cares about another strat? who has time to consider subtle points of difference between incredibly similar guitars?

What are the wierd features on this un?

Edit: found them. A big head - quite apt really - and some different pickups.

It's just silly to buy guitars heavily marked up price on the basis of some rock star's name. Who cares about another strat? who has time to consider subtle points of difference between incredibly similar guitars?

Nitro finish also. Not available on the standard production models.

Give me a can of spray paint. Then we'll see what's not available.

Yes, I can see that being a real boon as far as re-sale value is concerned.

Rather than saying "Yes, it's in mint 100% stock condition", "Some bloke from Aberdeen sprayed a new finish on it with a can he bought at Halfords", brilliant idea.

Aye, there isn't much interesting with this guitar, just the fact that teh b0lly designed it. The only interesting part are the custom Dimarzio pickups. Even I wouldn't want one of these (probably)...

And it seems that they're around 679, which I suspect means that it is Mexican built.

Aye, there isn't much interesting with this guitar, just the fact that teh b0lly designed it. The only interesting part are the custom Dimarzio pickups. Even I wouldn't want one of these (probably)...

And it seems that they're around 679, which I suspect means that it is Mexican built.

It's a con, built around geekery and kitsch. My Strat was cheaper than that, looks better, has lace sensor pickups and a semi-locked tremelo (not correct terminology but the tuning doesn't budge and it takes 30seconds to fit strings) and incidentally sounds the freakin bomb..

It's a con, built around geekery and kitsch. My Strat was cheaper than that, looks better, has lace sensor pickups and a semi-locked tremelo (not correct terminology but the tuning doesn't budge and it takes 30seconds to fit strings) and incidentally sounds the freakin bomb..

Ha, you've pretty much described my strat there too...

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I can see that being a real boon as far as re-sale value is concerned.

Rather than saying "Yes, it's in mint 100% stock condition", "Some bloke from Aberdeen sprayed a new finish on it with a can he bought at Halfords", brilliant idea.

Any self respecting musician is surely far more concerned with the sound of his/her instrument than the spray job.

Ha, you've pretty much described my strat there too...

Except the cheaper part.

It's an absolute scam, and also - Corgan didn't exactly DESIGN it did he? It's a pretty simple basic Strat design with adjustments that you could do yourself for quarter the price.

Frankly I find the general concept of imitating your "favorite" artist really silly.

Try a bit of free-thinking and work out what suits your own playing style instead of being subservant to an infantile marketing con.

Edit: Hang on - Jan did you actually buy this?

Research complete.

The guitar is still a rip-off.

Good for you. However my point about Kimy's re-spraying abilities wasn't really anything to with the fact that this was a signature model, it was a basic point about modding guitars.

With the best will in world we often end up changing our mind about gear and having to punt it (see Hate Event and Diesel, currently vying for the world championship in this pastime) and unfortunately adding a home made nitro finsh to a Fender instrument is going to put a major dent in its resale value.

Getting back to signature models, some are worth buying on their own merits. The other guitar player in my band has an Eric Johnson signature strat, not because he's a fan, but because it's a bloody good guitar. :up:

Good for you. However my point about Kimy's re-spraying abilities wasn't really anything to with the fact that this was a signature model, it was a basic point about modding guitars.

With the best will in world we often end up changing our mind about gear and having to punt it (see Hate Event and Diesel, currently vying for the world championship in this pastime) and unfortunately adding a home made nitro finsh to a Fender instrument is going to put a major dent in its resale value.

Getting back to signature models, some are worth buying on their own merits. The other guitar player in my band has an Eric Johnson signature strat, not because he's a fan, but because it's a bloody good guitar. :up:

:laughing::up: