aberdeen-music

Moshulu

Bryan

I have been to Origin 3 times and every single one of them has resulted in a fantastic night. The dancefloor is MUCH bigger than Kef, and I noticed that a lot of the furniture is strikingly familiar :p

Unfortunately, the bar is expensive and tiny, meaning I highly suggest getting fucked beforehand and then venturing forth to the dancefloor and remaining there for the duration of the night. Also, wear shoes with good grip on them - the floor is like an ice rink!

What kinda music is there? I've heard several people saying its not to bad -yet have no idea what it sounds like...

Need somewhere to go on saturdays, mosh on saturday aint as good imo.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to Origin 3 times and every single one of them has resulted in a fantastic night. The dancefloor is MUCH bigger than Kef, and I noticed that a lot of the furniture is strikingly familiar :p

Unfortunately, the bar is expensive and tiny, meaning I highly suggest getting fucked beforehand and then venturing forth to the dancefloor and remaining there for the duration of the night. Also, wear shoes with good grip on them - the floor is like an ice rink!

i echo all of this!

went there for a night giles walker put on and it was a real good laugh.

Origin on Market street opened a few weeks ago, It seems quite nice inside, dont be put off because it is on market street

Snafu is also a good place to go

Was going to go but someone said it's basically like the pelican and full of minks. Mind you, I went to drum and budz bar on occasion back in the day so can't really be too much of a snob...:D. I agree snafus pretty good but it's a place I'd only go now and then. Drinks and very expensive for one thing and if there's not a decent dj on it's pretty confined and dull (although after midnight at the weekend pretty much everywhere in town is expensive). Last time I went all I did was sit on a couch. When I was Erol Alkan there though it was crazy.

Umm...hot chip and lcd sound system are regularly played on saturday nights in moshulu from what i remember. I've only been to the opening night of Origin but it was full of sweaty, half naked pilled up scary men and skanky girls, the bar was packed and it just felt grubby. If you have to get wasted before you go to a bar/club, then it's probably not worth going to so just cut your losses.

I think the thing about moshulu is that it really depends who you go with and who you meet there. I've had two fucking amazing weekends in a row going to moshulu on both friday and saturday nights because the folk i've been with have been first class. I was starting to get fed up with the place, but it's redeemed itself in my eyes recently.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I think the thing about moshulu is that it really depends who you go with and who you meet there. I've had two fucking amazing weekends in a row going to moshulu on both friday and saturday nights because the folk i've been with have been first class. I was starting to get fed up with the place, but it's redeemed itself in my eyes recently.

Duly noted, should be breaking my Weep embargo next week. The place is still open on Wednesday nights, is it?

:up:

Duly noted, should be breaking my Weep embargo next week. The place is still open on Wednesday nights, is it?

:up:

Umm...it wasn't last time I checked but I did see new flyers last time I was in Bassment for a wednesday clubnight so I think something new is in the pipeline.

I used to really like Moshulu but we're going back about 2 years, now I just hate it! Fridays are awful, the music just goes on and on and on and I just can't have a good nite to it. don't really want to venture in there again, hearing its got a refurb makes me wanna check it out but why pay out 4 on a friday for a crap night?! Started going to exo again after months of my friends dragging me to moshulu and the priory (where I went kicking and screaming and against my own will but it was that or go home), have to say I still love exo. I know a lot of people have been speaking about Origin and Kode (sp?), are they decent or should I stick to exodus?

Guest Neutral
I used to really like Moshulu but we're going back about 2 years, now I just hate it! Fridays are awful, the music just goes on and on and on and I just can't have a good nite to it. don't really want to venture in there again, hearing its got a refurb makes me wanna check it out but why pay out 4 on a friday for a crap night?! Started going to exo again after months of my friends dragging me to moshulu and the priory (where I went kicking and screaming and against my own will but it was that or go home), have to say I still love exo. I know a lot of people have been speaking about Origin and Kode (sp?), are they decent or should I stick to exodus?

Kode i dunno but certainly give Origin a go, it is like Kef:up:

i think Kode is still full of scary drugdealers isn't it? I never went to Drum or Kode the folk I've seen falling out of the door or smoking don't make it seem like a place I'd wanna go.

Origin I'd give another go sometime, but like Kef, I'd have to be in the right mood for it.

What kinda music is there? I've heard several people saying its not to bad -yet have no idea what it sounds like....

Pretty much every night features a live DJ (i.e. proper mixing). Friday night is Axis which is techno/electro, and Saturday varies. Jungle Nation is self-explanitory.

Personally, I go for the music, and Origin is that place. If you are looking for a more social experience, stick to the shit 'clubs' or Snafu. I wouldn't say Origin is full of minks, but Hotel Metro tends to be. So far I haven't had to deal with any shit from anyone, and yeah there are the occasional pillheads but what do you expect from a club that plays electronica and DnB?

Guest Neutral
i think Kode is still full of scary drugdealers isn't it? I never went to Drum or Kode the folk I've seen falling out of the door or smoking don't make it seem like a place I'd wanna go.

Origin I'd give another go sometime, but like Kef, I'd have to be in the right mood for it.

I used to switch from moshulu to drum pretty much every friday and saturday, never had any trouble, kode - if its like drum it will be fine