aberdeen-music

Moshulu

Bryan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a slightly related note, has the cocktail menu in the bassment been reduced (this was a few weeks ago), or am I imagining things?

Nope, some wonderful fuckkers had stolen all our menus, so we were using moshulu's menu (which is alot smaller) until a new batch of ours came back from the printers.

I'm glad they've done up Shulu, I'll have to check it out again soon, the place was just so dark and dingy it just wasn't fun to visit any more, I've been avoiding it as much as possible. Plus, on numerous occasions I've needed a shit when I've been in and the toilets have either been blocked, flooded or on occasion missing entirely. One time during the Dropkick Murphys gig my shoe stuck to the floor with such aplomb that it came right off my foot. It was turning into the new Palace. The placed needed ripping apart and starting again in my opinion, I hope it's gawjus now.

I'm glad they've done up Shulu, I'll have to check it out again soon, the place was just so dark and dingy it just wasn't fun to visit any more, I've been avoiding it as much as possible. Plus, on numerous occasions I've needed a shit when I've been in and the toilets have either been blocked, flooded or on occasion missing entirely. One time during the Dropkick Murphys gig my shoe stuck to the floor with such aplomb that it came right off my foot. It was turning into the new Palace. The placed needed ripping apart and starting again in my opinion, I hope it's gawjus now.

i don't understand why pubs and clubs don't do more to keep their toilets nice. it's fucking disgusting sometimes. that's the main reason i tend to avoid bassment and moshulu, sometimes a guy has to take a shit and they shouldn't have to worry about the state of the toilets. sometimes it's like the scene from trainspotting. urgh.

i don't understand why pubs and clubs don't do more to keep their toilets nice. it's fucking disgusting sometimes. that's the main reason i tend to avoid bassment and moshulu, sometimes a guy has to take a shit and they shouldn't have to worry about the state of the toilets. sometimes it's like the scene from trainspotting. urgh.

It's not just while taking a dump though, you've got to wade through an inch of piss just to get to the urinals though, as soon as you walk in the doors the whole place is flooded. Not nice for those of us who wear baggy jeans which trail on the floor, ensuring you go home at the end of the night with other people's piss all up the back of your legs.

The last few times I'v been to the bassment the missus has reported no toilet roll in the female toilets. When she went to the bar she was simply told that there isn't any. It's not although there are no shops round that neck of the woods....

I'm sure someone who works there said before that they stopped putting bogroll in because people kept throwing them into the crappers and flooding the place. I'll see if I can find that post..... er..... here http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/other-clubs-venues/48445-moshulu-where-does-everyone-go-terrible-music-3.html#post654656

I'm sure someone who works there said before that they stopped putting bogroll in because people kept throwing them into the crappers and flooding the place. I'll see if I can find that post..... er..... here http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/other-clubs-venues/48445-moshulu-where-does-everyone-go-terrible-music-3.html#post654656

There wasnt a conscious decision made to stop putting bog roll in the toilets, it was more a case of we run out coz people keep pricking about with it :)

Guest Neutral

I have always been amazed that the priory/mono/charlies pretty much anywhere elses toilets are heaven in comparison to that shit hole

even though they would be thought of as "ned" venues

maybe "neds" have more respect for others when using shared facilities

Or maybe the shitulu toilet was removed to aid the cult of emo in their quest for martyrdom by suicide

I have always been amazed that the priory/mono/charlies pretty much anywhere elses toilets are heaven in comparison to that shit hole

even though they would be thought of as "ned" venues

maybe "neds" have more respect for others when using shared facilities

Or maybe the shitulu toilet was removed to aid the cult of emo in their quest for martyrdom by suicide

There's a difference between popular venues and 'ned' venues. Priory, Liquid, Pearl Lounge, Snafu, Babylon, Soul etc are just simply popular nightclubs that play popular music. I happily go to them but I'd have reservations about somewhere like Kode or Jumpin Jaks. Anyway, getting back to the point, I would say maybe those places have nicer toilets because they have the 'bogtrolls' looking after them. As well as offering that all important soap / towel / aftershave service for a shiny pound, the presence of an employee in the toilets is likely to put off most attempts at vandalism / pissing on the floor / shitting in the sink etc.

Guest Neutral
There's a difference between popular venues and 'ned' venues. Priory, Liquid, Pearl Lounge, Snafu, Babylon, Soul etc are just simply popular nightclubs that play popular music. I happily go to them but I'd have reservations about somewhere like Kode or Jumpin Jaks. Anyway, getting back to the point, I would say maybe those places have nicer toilets because they have the 'bogtrolls' looking after them. As well as offering that all important soap / towel / aftershave service for a shiny pound, the presence of an employee in the toilets is likely to put off most attempts at vandalism / pissing on the floor / shitting in the sink etc.

Mono doesn't have a concierge and is full of neds yet its toilets I would say are some of the best of any aberdeen nightspot

pro toilet inspector

Guest Neutral
My only visit to the female toilets in Mono was pretty grim...

Flooded with piss and blood stained tissues stuck to the wall.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

haha, sounds about right the female toilets in priory are always 10x more disgusting at the end of the night, shit on the floor etc...

moshulu bores the hell out of me now. I went a couple of weeks ago and from what I can remember it was crap. I used to quite like being hammered and just chilling in the back room with cocktails but it looked like some sort of store room the last time I was there. The lighting had gone, fuck all people were there, the tunes were crap and half the tables had gone. Oh and to hell with the main part of Moshulu, although I've had many a wasted night bouncing around to pendulum and er pantera. To be honest I hate every last club in Aberdeen, maybe with the exception of snafu on occasion if a decent dj is playing like erol alkan or vitalic. Aberdeen has an absolutely dire night life. Usually at the weekends I just end up going to mates flats to get pished.

Kef was one place I went to a lot but c'est la vie. Does nobody in Aberdeen like dance music or something (I'm not just talking about trance, house, drum n bass etc but also more comercially successful electro stuff like Hot chip, LCD soundsystem etc)? Is there really a demand for listening to terrible commerical pish? Do people actually enjoy going to a hell hole like priory and listening to Beyonce for the millionth time?

I'm not even 21 ffs and I feel like an old man, I HATE ABERDEEN!

Guest Neutral
moshulu bores the hell out of me now. I went a couple of weeks ago and from what I can remember it was crap. I used to quite like being hammered and just chilling in the back room with cocktails but it looked like some sort of store room the last time I was there. The lighting had gone, fuck all people were there, the tunes were crap and half the tables had gone. Oh and to hell with the main part of Moshulu, although I've had many a wasted night bouncing around to pendulum and er pantera. To be honest I hate every last club in Aberdeen, maybe with the exception of snafu on occasion if a decent dj is playing like erol alkan or vitalic. Aberdeen has an absolutely dire night life. Usually at the weekends I just end up going to mates flats to get pished.

Kef was one place I went to a lot but c'est la vie. Does nobody in Aberdeen like dance music or something (I'm not just talking about trance, house, drum n bass etc but also more comercially successful electro stuff like Hot chip, LCD soundsystem etc)? Is there really a demand for listening to terrible commerical pish? Do people actually enjoy going to a hell hole like priory and listening to Beyonce for the millionth time?

I'm not even 21 ffs and I feel like an old man, I HATE ABERDEEN!

Origin on Market street opened a few weeks ago, It seems quite nice inside, dont be put off because it is on market street

Snafu is also a good place to go

Origin on Market street opened a few weeks ago, It seems quite nice inside, dont be put off because it is on market street

Snafu is also a good place to go

I have been to Origin 3 times and every single one of them has resulted in a fantastic night. The dancefloor is MUCH bigger than Kef, and I noticed that a lot of the furniture is strikingly familiar :p

Unfortunately, the bar is expensive and tiny, meaning I highly suggest getting fucked beforehand and then venturing forth to the dancefloor and remaining there for the duration of the night. Also, wear shoes with good grip on them - the floor is like an ice rink!