aberdeen-music

Moshulu

Bryan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody should buy the carpet, cut it up into wee bits and sell it to regulars as a souvenir.

It could be worn as a badge....no need for a pin, just turn it round and press it on, and it'd stick fine...velcro-esque, even.

We don't need no 'stinkin badges'!!

I'll get my coat.

Does anyone know if Moshulu is getting a facelift at the moment, I've seen workmen outside most mornings this week.

If going to miss the sticky carpet if thats the case :laughing:

Indeed it is, Painters have been in all week, the new carpet (yes, another carpet, i have no idea why) was delivered today, lights, upholstery and other fittings coming soon, work should be done by next weekend.

The immortal sticky carpet is coming up on sunday i believe, I'm interested to see what wonders lie beneath :)

Myself or steve will put up pics in due course.

:)

Indeed it is, Painters have been in all week, the new carpet (yes, another carpet, i have no idea why) was delivered today, lights, upholstery and other fittings coming soon, work should be done by next weekend.

The immortal sticky carpet is coming up on sunday i believe, I'm interested to see what wonders lie beneath :)

Myself or steve will put up pics in due course.

:)

Strangely enough I didn't find the carpet as sticky as usual last night :p

I'm sure that everyone who complained about the sticky carpet previously will now only drink in moderation to ensure they never spill on the new one.

No?

Strangely enough I didn't find the carpet as sticky as usual last night :p

It was probably just trying to redeem itself in light of it's impending doom ;)

I just hope to christ we're going to get a damn good carpet cleaner or it's all going to be a very pointless exercise.

details will go up soon but by this weekend mosh will hopefully be completely refitted as well as some touches to the bassment i believe in due course.

MOSHULU wise

as rass said, painters have been up since last week and are here till the end of this week.

main room, entrance and back room have been painted and look fairly cool for the halfway stage. the guys have a week here yet so hard to say but its going to be fairly dark colours and the old horrific orange upon entering is gone.

dark colours may scare you off but were also getting heaps of new lights and that so it wont be bad at all.in fact i may go as far as to say itll be quite cool.

a joiner and sparky have also been in sorting heaps of stuff.

the toilets and dressing rooms are all getting changed but thats the last on the list i believe after the main club areas.

this week carpet people arrived (as you can see) and are laying/ fixing new floor in and laying new carpet in both rooms. the new carpet is also sitting here awaiting laying and its ACTUALLY FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN. never thought wed see the day etc..

new seating and booths are going in aswell as some of the old booths being re- covered.

just prior to the refit 6 new disco lights got fitted, two strobes are awaiting fitting and that has also made a huge difference to the club too.

BASSMENT

as far as i know isnt a priority but is gettting new booth seating (same setup just new) and a lick of paint and freshen up. but that is between now and august.

the main concern and rightly so is moshulu

rass - i may have missed something if so let me know?

-------------------------------------------------------------

due to all of this, the club will be shut on wednesday, and plan is to be open friday and saturday as usual so stick your head in if your curious but bear in in mind it may be 80% done and not quite finished completely.

The place looks awesome. Still not totally finished though, but it won't take too long. All the seating has been fixed, the horrible booths across from the bar have been ripped out and decked in fancy new seats and tables... And the fancy new lights... ahhh, Moshulu, there's life in you yet.

It actually looks like, dare I say it, quite a 'nice' club.

And it doesn't smell of death!

In light of the refit, we'll also be freshening up the club nights and drinks promos over the next few weeks too.

I'm with Steve here, I never thought we'd see the day that this actually gets done.

It's definately been worth the wait.

Oh, and on a slightly related note, the Bassment have a new food menu too. Good times.

Oh, and on a slightly related note, the Bassment have a new food menu too. Good times.

When did this come in?

We were in the bassment a couple of weeks ago and it was crap. Reduced menu, crap service, burgers weren't as good as they used to be and they got the order wrong. Twice.

Any change since then has to be an improvement.

The place looks awesome. Still not totally finished though, but it won't take too long. All the seating has been fixed, the horrible booths across from the bar have been ripped out and decked in fancy new seats and tables... And the fancy new lights... ahhh, Moshulu, there's life in you yet.

It actually looks like, dare I say it, quite a 'nice' club.

And it doesn't smell of death!

In light of the refit, we'll also be freshening up the club nights and drinks promos over the next few weeks too.

I'm with Steve here, I never thought we'd see the day that this actually gets done.

It's definately been worth the wait.

yeah, the smell has dissapeared and all the new seats look cool

also the lights are pretty mental - if i can work out how to use them ill set them off on saturday.

bassment has also been given new leather seats and kickboards etc

lights are getting touched up there i believe and altho its had less done to it i think its fair to say its had a freshen up

place is a mess right now but im assured were open tomorrow...

Any news on whether they've managed to stop the gents shitter pouring directly onto the dancefloor? It's all well and good having a new interior but if folks are going to be dragging other peoples shit and piss onto the new carpets it's a bit of waste of time.

Amenities first in my opinion then you can put a bit of gloss on. :up: