aberdeen-music

Benicassim

Was there last year and it was brilliant. Its the way festivals should be.

I wont bang on about it but you'll know what I mean when you get there.

T in the Park etc are a rip off and a piss take in comparison.

My pointers would be:

Arrive at least 2 days early if you hope to get a decent spot in the campsite next to the actual festival site.

But be warned there's not much chance of sleeping here as its pretty loud & rawkus.

Each camp site has a 24hour bar attached and the one in this site was always rockin.

We stayed at the 'overflow' site - Mercat I think its called and it was pretty good.

Smaller and quieter than the other 2 camps and within walking distance of the site.

Also nearer to town and with plenty of showers etc too.

Its hot day and night.

Mix that heat with a hangover and I found it a bit hardcore on some days.

Bringing a decent fan for your tent to help you get to sleep is not a bad idea.

As some of my more smug mates did.

Im a bit of a lightweight when it comes to the heat so while the Gfriend and crew were sunbathing on the beach etc. I sneeked off to the film festival thing they do.

Basically its a cinema in the center of the town that shows short films in the afternoon.

Its free with your festival pass and best of all its air conditioned!!

Had a lovely sleep in there.

Headliners don't come on till about 1am and it goes on till 6/7am.

You'll have no chance getting an appartment.

They get booked out really quick and are pretty expensive as they milk it on the rental when Beni is on.

You'll have a great time ! Gutted I cant go.

i'm thinking about going myself.

not sure whether to go to beni, got to titp or do my bike test before it becomes a pain in the arse to do it!? probably flip some coins...

did everyone fly to barca, then get the train? were food and drinks reasonably priced? were there heaps of spanish neds?

When Steve and I went we flew to Barca and hung out there for a bit then got hire cars and drove down.

Pretty cheap to hire over there. Pepecar I think is where we got ours.

Valencia is closer to Beni if you dont fancy the drive/train.

Drinks were reasonably priced, pleanty of bars so you never had to wait long to be served. Good drinks selection too ie they had vodka, gin, brandy, whisky etc (Spanish measures too ie doubles) and a couple of choices of beers. Way better than your titp beer, wine or cider selection.

Pretty much no Spanish neds or Spanish people full stop!

A friend of mine who was working @ Beni last year told me 60% of the crowd were British.

They target the UK specifically with there promo. Apparently we have more cash to splash.

Unless your a huge RATM fan I wouldnt bother with titp.

The line up is crap and it's a total ned fest.

Also Beni is cheaper, 130(if i remember correctly) for 4 days festivalniss and 9 days camping. Sure you have to by flights on top but everything else is cheaper like your food and drink etc...Also the women are WAYYYY hotter!!

Jesus H Christ: Thats ace you got an appartment. Good work.

Been there last two years and it's awesome. Make sure you book your train well in advance as trains aren't that frequent and it is hell queueing for seven hours to get a ticket, isn't recommended! Its alot cheaper than british festivals and alot more chilled out. Watch out for the heat, it is unbelieveable during the day and it is really hard to camp as it's so hot. Other than that you will love it, music is awesome, girls are beautiful, less neds than T and only a short walk from the beach!!!!!!!

Been there last two years and it's awesome. Make sure you book your train well in advance as trains aren't that frequent and it is hell queueing for seven hours to get a ticket, isn't recommended! Its alot cheaper than british festivals and alot more chilled out. Watch out for the heat, it is unbelieveable during the day and it is really hard to camp as it's so hot. Other than that you will love it, music is awesome, girls are beautiful, less neds than T and only a short walk from the beach!!!!!!!

Good point re trains. Heard folk had a nightmare last year not only getting there but leaving too.

Bring yer speedos :up: