aberdeen-music

A top 10 drummers thread for discussion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not always. Seen him loads of times with Paul Simon just wearing a t-shirt.

I have a funny interview with Randy Newman where he tells a story about his film composer uncles sitting at a party in Hollywood shaking their heads in disbelief at the fact that Steve Gadd was making $1000 a session or something at one point in the 70s.

steve reid was a pleasure to watch when he played with Keiran Hebden. lovely fluent performance, esp given it was an improv set

seb rochford with acoustic ladyland / others - brilliant to watch and listen to

ash marlowe from charlottefield and ack ack ack, absolutely kick ass

locally, I always enjoyed watching Big J Stac when he played with SS (sorry jim), such a simple and minimalist approach but so effective, particularly so with Andy Bass - tight like painted-on jeans.

Comments much appreciated Maxi... :love: Our new outfit, or latest incarnation of, Tupelo Town Assembly now features Phil Johnstone on Guitar (Alas John moved on to make way for travels abroad). We are almost Staccato Set again, but better, if I may be so bold. Andy (he has pedals now) and Phil are creating sonic walls of arse trembling grooves...

I have to say that laying down a solid back end of a tune is made very simple when the bassist (Andy) knows very well how to do much by doing little... A fine art that makes drumming easy!

Guest treader.

some drummers i love that arent typically noted:

jake ryan - the chariot

tom paterson - slingshot dakota

patrick(?) - weezer

the chariot's drummer is pretty nifty like. can completely change the drum pattern to a whole song without it sounding "jam" ish or rubbish.

slingshot dakota's drummer is awesome. he adds all these little bits on the hi-hats that are hard to hear on record but look and sound great.

the dude from weezer is just solid. not flashy in the slightest, but the most solid beat-maker ever. hero.

• 1 month later...