aberdeen-music

CD Duplicating now available in town

Guest Startex

Guest Startex

Foyer Music now has a CD Duplicating machine and can duplicate CD's cheaper than anybody else. We can also print on the CD's in full colour and will supply in jewel cases. If you have your finished CD we can make as many, or as few, CD's as you want for just 1 per CD or 1.50 if we are doing the artwork. There is no minimum order so if you just need 10 copies of your latest demo then give us a call. Obviously we won't break copyright laws so don't ask us to copy a CD that you boorowed from your mate! :princess:

(We will help design the artwork for you and just need the graphics that you want, ie: band logo or pictures. We can also 'master' your tracks for you and have a full 24-track studio to record which is only 15 per hour with engineer.

Give ua a call on (01224) 252 894, email us or checkout the website here.

:band:

Guest Startex
Do you have anymore info on this as would be interested in getting around30-40 done. Also do you design the actual sticker for the CD's?

Not sure what info I can give you that wasn't in the post before. What more do you need to know? 30-40 CD's would not be a problem. Do you have the original CD ready to go? We can also 'master' in our studio if needed but that would be charged at 15 per hour..

We don't use 'stickers' but print directly onto the CDs. :up:

We can help you design any artwork and have a professional design company which is part of the Aberdeen Foyer charity, which we can access but they would need paid. We are well up for meeting with you and helping you design any artwork and that would be a lot cheaper!

:]

Guest Startex
any chance of hi-res photo examples. pretty decent price but if the glove don't fit, it don't mean shit.

Photos of what? We don't sell photos. Why would the glove not fit? ?(

If you think we are too cheap to be taken seriously it's because we are a charity who offer our services to help young people in the north-east. That's why we are cheap.

Sorry i made a school boy error and didnt read the whole post o_O

We have art work ready for the covers of the CD and the actual CD will be ready by this time next week as we still have to mix and master it. 8-)

Yea printing onto the CD would be perfect, i dont have any sort of design for that but something simple is all thats required (Band name and album name), possibly along the same lines as our cover.

I will email you a PDF file of the cover.

cheers

Project~6

Photos of what? We don't sell photos. Why would the glove not fit? ?(

If you think we are too cheap to be taken seriously it's because we are a charity who offer our services to help young people in the north-east. That's why we are cheap.

em.. some photos of a finished CD. I don't think your too cheap to be taken seriously. I think your cheap enough to actually use but I want to make sure it's not totally crap. It's not uncommon for people to ask duplication companies for examples of their work before giving them money.

Sorry if I offended you Dave, but it was a pretty simple request.

Guest Startex
Yea printing onto the CD would be perfect, i dont have any sort of design for that but something simple is all thats required (Band name and album name), possibly along the same lines as our cover.

I will email you a PDF file of the cover.

No problems. We'll talk soon.

Guest Startex
Sorry if I offended you Dave, but it was a pretty simple request.

No problem, the first line in your post explained it all. I have to go to Dundee all day today but will get a photo as soon as I can and get that to you.

Guest tompty

Hey,

How much is your Mastering service. Is it by track or hourly basis?

What qaulity of work could i expect?

And also, is it possible to hire the studio to make use of the equipment myself, or do you leave it only to the engineers. I have a basic experience with compressors,eqs etc.

Would be Very interested!

Guest Startex
How much is your Mastering service. Is it by track or hourly basis?

What qaulity of work could i expect?

And also, is it possible to hire the studio to make use of the equipment myself, or do you leave it only to the engineers. I have a basic experience with compressors,eqs etc

The mastering is charged by the hour at 15 per hour. We will be happy for you to do it yourself if you know what you are doing. One of our staff will be there just to make sure you are OK and if you get stuck with something.

Guest tompty

Ah right, excellent!

I've been wanting a couple of my tracks mastered for a long time now, this is ideal!

Right, i will be in touch at the end of the month, going to do some work on my tracks before hand and pick the best ones.

Cheers

Guest Startex
Ah right, excellent!

I've been wanting a couple of my tracks mastered for a long time now, this is ideal!

Right, i will be in touch at the end of the month, going to do some work on my tracks before hand and pick the best ones.

No problem. Just give us a shout when you are up for it.

Guest Startex

Damn, I'm just back at work again and realised that I forgot to bring the camera in with me to take the photos for you. Sorry. I'll remember it tomorrow, honest.

Guest Startex
I've been advised that they are of fine quality anyway so no real need for photos. I'll get in touch once I need some CD's made up. Cheers Dave.

I brought a CD home tonight anyway and took a photo for you.

004.jpg

Let me know when you want any CD's done and hopefully we will see you soon.

Guest Startex
Do we have to have the foyer and shell logos on our CD's out if interest? And are you based on college street
You can have anything you like on your CD's. The 2 logos on the one we photographed were the people who paid for it. We are in Marywell Street, the 4th or 5th on the left down Crown Street, opposite the Music Hall. At the back of the station down College Street.

I will always stand by the quality of the equipment in the Foyer. It has never let us (Undertow/Genevieve) down at all and i think if you have a listen to our recordings, particularly the Genevieve ones, they speak for themselves.

I was mightily impressed by the new equipment that they had in when i was in last and Steve (i think that was his name) and the other young lad that was in were very helpful and accommodating as well.

If you are a band looking to get some experience of recording yourself at a very reasonable price with guys who are enthusiastic about their work then in Aberdeen itself you can't beat the Foyer.