aberdeen-music

Music in Florida, USA

Remote Scenes

This may be a total long shot. But...

I am going over to Florida for a month or so and I'm quite keen on attending some gigs etc over there. The trouble is I can't find any web pages with gig listings etc.

Other than the hard rock cafe, does anyone know any venues I should be looking up or any other means of finding out what's on whilst I'm there? Or know of any cracking gigs that will be on through June?

Gainesville in North Florida has one of the most currently active punk rock scenes on earth at the moment. There's a whole weekend of pretty much every active Gainesville band (and more) in October called the Fest, and it's quality! (Although I just double checked, and you're going in June. Bummer!)

No Idea Records is based in Gainesville. Most of their roster is based in Florida and there's gigs going on all the time. Have a look. Their links page should be able to link you to the Gainsville Band Page, or whatever it's called. That has more up to date local gig listings.

No Idea Records

Dunno if gruff punk rock is what you're after though...