aberdeen-music

England will win Euro 2008!!!!

Johnny Mac

And to keep them alert, the likes of Liverpool's Neil Mellor, Aston Villa's Darius Vassell, Leeds' James Milner and West Ham's Jermaine Defoe will all be in the prime of their careers.

With the exception of Defoe, none of that lot are really chapping on Capello's door are they. David Dunn as well? Wise up.

I'm not anti-English, in fact I support England in every tournament, but I do get pissed off at their attitude that they just need to turn up and they'll win. They haven't won a trophy in 40 years but somehow they (and I mean the media more than the fans) think they are the favourites for every tournament they enter. I remember listening to Talksport one morning in early 2005, and they had a listener phone in debating how England should spend the prize money they'll get for winning the 06 World Cup, and whether it should be invested in grass-roots football or shared among the clubs. At this point, they hadn't even qualified for the World Cup.....

Chris Kirkland, 21 now, will be the world's finest goalkeeper by 2008, especially after another five years of shot-stopping practice at the back of Liverpool's attack-shy team.
England will have so much talent up front it will be embarrassing, and other teams may concede games before kick-off to avoid the humiliation on the pitch.
Ashley Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips will be devastating wing-backs, whose surging runs will leave Italians crying into their capuccinos and Germans blubbing in their bratwursts.

These were my favourite bits. Needless to say why really.