aberdeen-music

Her Name is Calla

calla

Hello! So, our new mini album is out in a week.

It's getting reviews like this:

"The Heritage takes a step back into much darker, more harrowing territory and is all the more interesting a record for it. What it is is a brooding masterpiece of gothic post rock. 8/10"

Die Shellsuit Die!

A work fine for a group not lacking in ambition, capable of going beyond the classical canons of the post-rock. Da seguire con grande attenzione. From follow with great attention. 4/5

Kronic.it

Bref pour un premier album c'est un succs, magnifique, reste faire connatre ce groupe, on compte sur vous. 18/20

Neoprog.eu

if Ballard's suburban apocalypse ever required a soundtrack, this would be it.

Sandman Magazine

"This extremely talented band, fundamentally experimental in nature, defies any attempt to describe them using only one set of adjectives.....I guess what Im saying is this: Her Name Is Calla is a brilliant band with an even more brilliant future ahead of them. This album comes extremely recommended. 8/10"

The Silent Ballet

Timeless and ageless...this is a bold and assured debut from an innovative band. 4/5.

God is in the TV

"The Heritage is a monumental effort which needs to be absorbed in its entirety......Truly Staggering"

Tasty Fanzine

"Suffice to say, there had to be a step forward at some point, and clearly this is it."

Rockfood Magazine

You can pre-order it here and they'll be shipped out this week. It'd be cheaper too. And would help the band out loads:

http://http://www.gizehrecords.bigcartel.com/

Anyhew, hope to see you all soon

Her Name is Calla

The songs i've heard are awesome. They remind me of a thaw after a long winter. They have a very visual feel to them if you know what i mean. I love the song, "Wren", that you have up on your myspace right now in particular.

I missed you last time you were up but i hope to catch you next time.

Just getting better and better, I've seen two stellar performances up here from the boys.

Phil - do you know who's putting these guys on? I presume it's not yourself, whoever it is would be doing an awesome deed exercising a STFU policy as IMP did for SotL :D

Guest idol_wild
Just getting better and better, I've seen two stellar performances up here from the boys.

Phil - do you know who's putting these guys on? I presume it's not yourself, whoever it is would be doing an awesome deed exercising a STFU policy as IMP did for SotL :D

It'll be me, hopefully in a co-promotion arrangement with a certain group of established Aberdeen promoters. ;)

If not, I may give it a bash on my own. I can't shake off this fucking itch to get ace bands up to Aberdeen!

Guest idol_wild

Her Name Is Calla will be returning to Aberdeen on Sunday 19th October.

They will be gracing The Tunnels.

Support will be announced in due course.

Her Name Is Calla will be returning to Aberdeen on Sunday 19th October.

They will be gracing The Tunnels.

Support will be announced in due course.

pish, that's the wife's birthday and she hates the post-rock. tell her they sound like muse and we might be onto a winner. :)

• 8 months later...

Hello all!

We've just joined Denovali records in Germany (jeniferever, scraps of tape, pirate ship quintet, etc) which is ace. our record 'the heritage' will be rereleased over in the continent on vinyl in the summer and we'll pop over to tour there before firing off our next recorded output into peoples faces.

To celebrate this, we have a handpackaged DVD/CD thingy out on the 9th march called 'A Blood Promise'. You can preorder it from our website now though and it'll be shipped out over the next few days, true story:

Her Name is Calla — Home

her name is calla