aberdeen-music

[GIG] Greater the shadow + iname + everythingwesayisfact + billy vs ninja

I was doing PR for snafu last night and when I came back from the bassment at around 10.45, I was mesmerised by what was happening inside. I then proceeded to look in through the window and was only dragged away by my workmates. Looked at my watch and it was 11.15. I honestly thought it was about 5 minutes that I was watching Greater the Shadow; I've never been taken aback by a band in Aberdeen quite as much in a very, very long time. Breathtaking doesn't even cover it.

Also, EWSIF sounded very very promising before I was told I had to leave Belmont St and PR somewhere else.

Have either of you guys got any other gigs coming up?

last night was a triumph! iname were great, i don't know exactly who to blame but their guitars sounded spectacular. billyvsninja were ok, despite the fact i wouldn't normally listen to that sort of music i found my foot tapping a couple of times. seemed like really nice guys anyway. ewsif were about as fun as brutality gets, i hope everythingtheysayisfact and we are getting to play with them again really soon.

props to everyone who stayed around to watch our set. it's great to know that people enjoyed it, my equipment kept going wrong and i forgot how to play something, i was worried it might've ruined everything. hopefully all that will be fixed and we'll be even better next time we play. we have a buttload of gigs lined up over the next few months, the next one is with the amazing ARAKAN YOMA in just a couple of weeks (if you are interested, details of all of these can be found here).

I'm glad people found me amusing. I'm normally quiet and shy onstage, hah.

It was a great night. Iname were mightily impressive, especially considering they've not been around long.

I have to reiterate to Greater The Shadow that we're really sorry we couldn't stick around.