aberdeen-music

Blue Tac

Jeanette

Ok...

So here's the problem, I'm moving out my flat at the end of June and I know for sure that when I take my posters down the blue tack or white tack will have left a little disgusting greasy mark on the paint.

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove this without having to paint over it... Which I am most definitely not doing!

Thanks.

They'll probably have to redecorate anyway so personally I wouldn't give a fuck. It depends how long you've been in there.

True, been here 2 years, and we've been very good tenants, so I would hope they wouldn't mind so much. But there is quite a lot of posters and I would very much like my whole deposit back! Lol.

sugar soap or lemon juice! The walls have sucked the oil out. You might not get it all out, but it might help. If its pretty bad, I'd mix a little paint (same colour as the walls) with water and cover up the stain, not paint the whole wall (fuck that!). Might just do the trick for them not to notice it.

IME, the blue tac ruse is little more than an excuse to stiff you out of your deposit - It has been tried on me before, even when we were scrupluous about not using the stuff.

Hope you took a set of photos when you moved-in (& before you leave) because normal wear & tear is not reason enough to deprive you of your deposit.

Alternatively, you could simply not pay your last months rent & tell them to take it from the deposit instead - There is very little they can do about that one. :)

i've found a generous application of petrol over the "stained" area and the application of some flame source to be quite good for covering up things. I wouldn't recommend using lighter fluid as the volume required usually raises some eyebrows when purchased and the likes of kerosene are too traceable......

...... i never got my deposit back in that case though..... :moody:

IME, the blue tac ruse is little more than an excuse to stiff you out of your deposit - It has been tried on me before, even when we were scrupluous about not using the stuff.

Hope you took a set of photos when you moved-in (& before you leave) because normal wear & tear is not reason enough to deprive you of your deposit.

Alternatively, you could simply not pay your last months rent & tell them to take it from the deposit instead - There is very little they can do about that one. :)

Last months rent has already been paid.

I'm not really going to worry about it that much because the inventory isn't very detailed and doesnt mention marks on the walls. My last landlord was a bit of a perfectionist and the inventory had every little mark mentioned including a mark left my selotape on the woodwork by the previous tenant!

But we can just play stupid if they say too much because there's no evidence that it was us!

I used blu-tac in my old flat (only in my room though) and I'm pretty sure we didn't get billed for it - though it was mentioned.

Make sure you replace lightbulbs and stuff though, we were stung for 2 for a lightbulb out a shitty lamp we kept in a cupboard. Asides that, expect a small cleaning bill and also paying for the last check to be done. That's all we got (which was mostly covered by the interest that built up over the two years we were there). :)

Yeah, we got charged like 1.50 for a wooden spoon in the last flat! Totally ridiculous!

Shouldn't be too bad. Nothing's broken and everything is as it was. Annnnnnd, it'll be super clean! Flatmate's mum is coming to help! :up:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the rubbing blu tac over and over... I also tried the bread thing :laughing:. Neither of which worked. Lol.

I also tried some cillit bang... Nope... Nada. I've just given up! I move out on Wednesday so I don't really have the time to keep trying things. I think it was just going to take the paint off if I kept trying stuff.

Word of warning though... Remove the posters really really slowly and trying and leave the blu tac on the wall and roll it off. That way you won't take any of the wall with you! :up:

• 1 year later...