aberdeen-music

THE LITTLE KICKS presents NIGHT-TUNNEL 2-13th June -3 entry-9-3am

hey guys

Myself and the little kicks guys are going to do a once a month party over summer to keep the blues at bay when the weekend comes!

PARTY 1

indie / disco / club night in Tunnels (Tunnel 2) on the 13th June.

Starting at 9pm, were going to have some special guests - bands / Djs and a few other surprises!

details tbc soon but itll be good!

bands (3 of) 9pm till 12pm

DHC / LITTLE KICKS DJS till 3am

We havent put on our own night in ages and fancied a wee party so your all invited

Requests taken gladly and much merryness encouraged!

There is kind of a reason for the nights but will say more when we have a line up confirmed.

hope to see you there

steven

Night 2 - july - tbc

Night 3 - AUGUST 3rd (bank holiday)

Come and dance to... arcade fire :! ! !: david bowie : new order: television: the velvet underground : the smiths : lcd soundsystem : the rapture : kings of leon : the strokes : adam green : lemonheads : lou reed : bob dylan : johnny cash : maximo park : futureheads : the rakes : mighty boosh music: iggy pop : the stooges : the clash : pixeltan : the kitchen cynics : joy division : dfa records : goldfrapp : love : nick drake : chemical brothers : sebAstian : primal scream : talking heads : dfa1979 : interpol : bright eyes : kasabian : jackson and his computer band : sue jorge : soulwax : erol alkan : datarock : radiohead : neil young : my morning jacket : blur : bloc party : air : the band : beach boys : the who : rolling stones : supper furry animals : the beatles : the zombies : pixies : editors : go team : the flaming lips : belle and sebastian : the kinks : simple kid : pink floyd : led zeppelin : bonnie prince billy : modest mouse: frightened rabbit : franz ferdinand : digitalism : sunshine underground : electric prunes : the cure : ed banger records : klaxons : css : devo : brmc : tapes and tapes: the little ones : we are scientists : MSTRKRFT : clap your hands say yeah : paul simon : peter, bjorn and john : justice : hot chip : walkmen : R.E. M : spankrock : cut copy : daft punk : the shins : midlake : bat for lashes : yeah yeah yeahs : the strokes : clor : jimi hendrix : the libertines : the beta band : sons and daughters : 2 many djs: the sonics : diplo : beastie boys : rage against the machine : muse : gang of four : band of horses : micheal jackson : tom vek : simian mobile disco : queens of the stone age : mystery jets : grinderman : idlewild : the cribs : shitdisco : mr oizo : mc5 : fujiya myagi : james brown ......................the list goes on and on......

line up -

SORREN MACLEAN BAND

sorren is a major talent, based between mull and edinburgh he is to grace connect festival, wickerman, belladrum and dunstaffnage this summer and his uptempo singer songwriter based songs show great mainstream potential as well as great musicianship too. Three piece band - double bass , accoustic and drums with three vox and a lot of catchy songs, this is his third or fourth gig in aberdeen after wowing dhc in february, he also recently supported colin macintyre of mull historical society fame in aberdeen too.

REVERAND SHEPHERD

if you like daniel johnson, lo fi ness, jeffrey lewis, the velvet underground (at their pretty stage - not punk!) youll love the reverend. featuring members of the always amazing maternal bum bond connexion , chemical callum and charley buchan (ex lorenzo axemannie) playing charleys own material which veers from sweet little country songs like "we fell out" to catchy syd barrettesque numbers ("junkies on bikes")

see his myspace for a better description and have a listen.

STEVEN MILNE (accoustic)

not going to say too much on this dude, but ill be playing an accoustic set to open up the night and if all goes to plan (i.e we can find time to practice) ill be in tow with mr green pony - jon hekert on the lap steel - for the set. going to play a mix of new songs, older songs, little kicks songs and maybe a cover or three.

this is all between 9pm and 11.30pm

DJS to follow

DHC DJS and THE LITTLE KICKS DJ SET

should be ace fun and i know toby and bobb are looking forward to having a spin too.

3 - door entry

see you there

times are:

9.50pm - steven milne (featuring green pony)

doing a mix of solo stuff / rare covers and new songs

10.30pm - reverend shepherd

lo fi folky loveliness from mr buchan and bandmates

11.15pm - sorren maclean band

see his myspace for tunage - Invalid Friend ID

Apparently bobb lks is bringing his own cds for djing because there are "gaps" in my collection

so expect lots of blondie, buddy rich solos, estelle and other delights

toby has looked out all his best records - frank sinatra, dfa volume 1 and the concretes

lewis only likes two bands - primus and the beta band - so hell play those records then just get drunk!

Guest idol_wild

I'm off to Glasgay/Edinburgh this weekend so I shall miss all Aberdeen musical festivities.

But I'm going to see Meursault twice, Broken Records, and The Twilight Sad.

:D