aberdeen-music

get rid of the band forums?!

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

after browsing the band forums the other day, there are maybe 1 or 2 threads in a couple forums while the rest lie stagnant. it seems pointless.

especially with myspace/facebook/bebo on the constant rise, bands just dont use these forums any more.

I say get rid of them all. Just an idea.

Guest treader.

"The local band forums that don't get used get removed as do the forums for bands that split up or become otherwise inactive when it comes to gigging and producing music. "

surely this applies when no forums are being used?

"The local band forums that don't get used get removed as do the forums for bands that split up or become otherwise inactive when it comes to gigging and producing music. "

Yep, if there aren't any posts in a band forum for a couple of months I tend to remove them after giving them a weeks notice or so.

Guest treader.

well then, exactly my point. none of them are being used, bar perhaps...hot mangu or something.

so why not delete all the empty ones?

just looking right now, the following forums are completely empty:

Black Atom

Enrapture

Headlight

Mohare

Statue of Misery

toy

the underkills

the graveyard

and the others i've missed have maybe 1 or 2 threads in them. it's pointless. surely they can be deleted then?!

well then, exactly my point. none of them are being used, bar perhaps...hot mangu or something.

Black Atom

Enrapture

Headlight

Mohare

Statue of Misery

toy

the underkills

the graveyard

and the others i've missed have maybe 1 or 2 threads in them. it's pointless. surely they can be deleted then?!

How would you like it if you were having a little rest and someone came along and deleted you?!

Black Atom

Enrapture

Headlight

Mohare

Statue of Misery

toy

the underkills

the graveyard

Err...only the Mohare forum is empty and that's because it is the newest forum.

Err...only the Mohare forum is empty and that's because it is the newest forum.

not to mention the fact that some members have been abroad, some are abroad and one is going abroad pretty soon, so things have pretty much quietened since we got the forum opened. we do have some studio time in the pipeline and anticipate the forum becoming more active in due course.

aberdeen-music.com has been a very useful asset to us since we started out, and we intend using all facets of it available to us to the advantage of the band. tbh without aberdeen-music.com the band, like so many probably wouldn't exist.

make-them-earn-it, we are sorry we have caused you any distress in having an empty forum, and as indicated above, hope to rectify the situation soon and enhance your surfing pleasure. we also thank you for your interest in Mohare

(MySpace.com - Mohare - - Rock / Progressive / Indie - www.myspace.com/moharerock)

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. A 30 day space between posts doesn't mean the bands have disbanded or don't do anything. 30 days isn't a very long time. We haven't had a gig in Aberdeen for just over a month; this doesn't make us 'inactive'. It just means we don't play a gig every week.

Patience is a virtue.

Guest treader.

im not talking about that, i mean, if a forum hasnt been used in 30 days. NOTHING has been posted in it for THIRTY freakin' days. does it need to be there?! is anything gonna be posted on there again?

people just use myspace bulletins.

im not talking about that, i mean, if a forum hasnt been used in 30 days. NOTHING has been posted in it for THIRTY freakin' days. does it need to be there?! is anything gonna be posted on there again?

Write it in a myspace bulletin, Chachi. Who cares about empty forums.

...yes. I just don't post when I've got nothing to say my friend.

And myspace is my mortal enemy.