aberdeen-music

Best Place to buy an Amp

WoodyRATM

I actually own a vietnamese-built SVT Classic (with russian sovteks inside) and did have some problems with it overheating and the handle joint loosening, sorted now though. I think the "customer facing" hardware on my amp sucks ass compared to the american made stuff

I have a few friends who own vietnamese who have problems with the amp casing denting easily, the screw fittings bending, bad circuitry blowing fuses/kettle leads and the pots becoming wobbly and noisy. I am slightly worried, but not too worried as I have read that the Classics and the VRs are built to a similar spec internally

Id always recommend buying american made, but the deal on my one was too good to refuse.

I actually own a vietnamese-built SVT Classic (with russian sovteks inside) and did have some problems with it overheating and the handle joint loosening, sorted now though. I think the "customer facing" hardware on my amp sucks ass compared to the american made stuff

I have a few friends who own vietnamese who have problems with the amp casing denting easily, the screw fittings bending, bad circuitry blowing fuses/kettle leads and the pots becoming wobbly and noisy. I am slightly worried, but not too worried as I have read that the Classics and the VRs are built to a similar spec internally

Id always recommend buying american made, but the deal on my one was too good to refuse.

Hmm overheating would be a arse. esp if im paying XXXX quid for it....

where did you get yours from maxi btw?

I'm tempted to try buying up front....save for a few months and try and borrow money etc...

yeah, was quite annoying considering I paid xxxx for it. as I said, sorted now.

I purchased through sound control, as I got a stupidly good deal on it.

Id also advise that if you are fingers, a mesa 400+ probably wasnt best for you. Scotty from blessed is selling his old amp, I have used it in gig situation before and it was beasting (convinced me to make the switch to ampeg) ask him for a shottie!

yeah, was quite annoying considering I paid xxxx for it. as I said, sorted now.

I purchased through sound control, as I got a stupidly good deal on it.

Id also advise that if you are fingers, a mesa 400+ probably wasnt best for you. Scotty from blessed is selling his old amp, I have used it in gig situation before and it was beasting (convinced me to make the switch to ampeg) ask him for a shottie!

see that, just take out an overdraft and buy mine Dave. Sorted, you will be well on yer way.