aberdeen-music

Best Place to buy an Amp

WoodyRATM

Hey,

I'm looking for a new bass amp, problem is i'd rather pay for it monthly for example rather than completly up front.

I did get offered a loan from bank of scotland but they said they'd call me back (and never did..)

Can anyone suggest a place that would offer a credit sorta thing? I know sound control used to do this, but obv they're outta the question now..

Any help would be cool :)

cheers

Dave

I should say i'm pretty interested in an ampeg, not 100% sure if im after solid or valve yet though..

Do RnB or Millars do a credit agreement method of payment?

no they dont, but you should just buy my AMPEG right out.

Since you play with fingers, I would recommend a solidstate amp, regardless of whether it an ampeg or not.

no they dont, but you should just buy my AMPEG right out.

Since you play with fingers, I would recommend a solidstate amp, regardless of whether it an ampeg or not.

Ha i was thinking of what you'd said about the solid state versus valve for fingers. And if i was to buy a solid it probs would have been either the svt 4 or svt 2 for valves.

But that bloody loan company i mentioned to ya were total balls. :(

' date=' post: 474803"']why is that... just out of curiosity?

because, i find, that valves amps need to be cranked pretty loud to get a pretty decent tone out of them, whereas, if you have the know how, you can get a great tone from a solid state amp at low volumes if you are a finger player.

i never knew that.

Yeah, it's not something thats overly advertised due to the company that we do it with being very slack for sending us POS.

Out of interest i think we may have an AMPEG account Woody. I will do a bit of research tomorrow and let you know what we have access to and what we have in stock.

Yeah, it's not something thats overly advertised due to the company that we do it with being very slack for sending us POS.

Out of interest i think we may have an AMPEG account Woody. I will do a bit of research tomorrow and let you know what we have access to and what we have in stock.

Bare in mind, new Ampegs aren't american made.

awesome that'd be awesome ta :)

Scott, have you any idea of how to differentiate(sp?) between the american and other ones?

awesome that'd be awesome ta :)

Scott, have you any idea of how to differentiate(sp?) between the american and other ones?

I'm not entirely sure but i don't think Ampeg make any amps in the US any more.

At least with a shop, rather than the internet, you can actually hear the amps instead and make an informed decision yourself on what suits you.

:up:

I'm not entirely sure but i don't think Ampeg make any amps in the US any more.

At least with a shop, rather than the internet, you can actually hear the amps instead and make an informed decision yourself on what suits you.

Touche'

I didn't actually know that millars stocked them?

Touche'

I didn't actually know that millars stocked them?

As i said "i think" we have an Ampeg account now. I'll get some confirmation for you tomorrow. I don't work in that department but i'm sure i saw a new Ampeg in the display on the way through this morning and i remember the department head asking what i thought of them a month or so ago.

As i said "i think" we have an Ampeg account now. I'll get some confirmation for you tomorrow. I don't work in that department but i'm sure i saw a new Ampeg in the display on the way through this morning and i remember the department head asking what i thought of them a month or so ago.

Would be pretty cool if they did. cheers for your help

Would be pretty cool if they did. cheers for your help

Right, we have a full Ampeg account so we can get anything in their range. Is there a particular item that you're looking at specifically as i can get you prices if you want?

We don't have too much in stock right now, but we are expecting a fair few items in.

Right, we have a full Ampeg account so we can get anything in their range. Is there a particular item that you're looking at specifically as i can get you prices if you want?

We don't have too much in stock right now, but we are expecting a fair few items in.

er maybe the SVT 2 pro or the 4 pro with HLF610 cab maybe?

I have heard some horror stories about the vietnamese efforts, apparently they are not very robust!

tread very cautiously!

Not robust? hmmm i don't like the sound of that....

has anyone had first hand expierence (sp?) of the vietnamese models? or should i most defo go for an american one?

Not robust? hmmm i don't like the sound of that....

has anyone had first hand expierence (sp?) of the vietnamese models? or should i most defo go for an american one?

Well you'll only get American ones second hand now unless someone has some old stock.

Like any product you do get horror stories, some of it scaremongering some of it true. Unless you physically know someone who has had a bad experience with something i'd take what you hear with a pinch of salt. Especially when it comes to internet forums etc.