aberdeen-music

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

GavH

Oh and Murr - You really can't accuse people of trolling just because you happen to disagree with their opinion. Grow a pair.

No, you are trolling and you know it. This thread is a discussion about the latest Indiana Jones film and not about "why all Hollywood films are shit and everyone who watches them is a retard". If you are looking for attention for yourself then please do it elsewhere.

No, you are trolling and you know it. This thread is a discussion about the latest Indiana Jones film and not about "why all Hollywood films are shit and everyone who watches them is a retard". If you are looking for attention for yourself then please do it elsewhere.

Yeah it's a *discussion* about the latest indiana jones film, I happen to think it's a load of crap so I'm putting my point of view across, that is surely what a discussion is?

Yeah it's a *discussion* about the latest indiana jones film, I happen to think it's a load of crap so I'm putting my point of view across, that is surely what a discussion is?

And I'm all for discussion. Yet you prove time and time again with your posts that all you appear to be capable of producing is unconstructive, deliberately inflammatory diatribes.

So sort out your attitude or stop posting here please. I'm getting fed up having to tidy up these threads because of one of your stupid posts.

And I'm all for discussion. Yet you prove time and time again with your posts that all you appear to be capable of producing is unconstructive, deliberately inflammatory diatribes.

So sort out your attitude or stop posting here please. I'm getting fed up having to tidy up these threads because of one of your stupid posts.

Utter nonsense and you know it. There are threads created here all the time concerning stuff that irritates and disgusts me, which I do not post in. I just happen to feel quite strongly about this particular type of film and the pavlovian consumer reaction to these releases. That is why I'm posting my opinion of it and the people who pay to see these things. There really is no other way to say "this film is shit and you're a fucking idiot if you paid to see it" is there?

Certainly though, do go ahead and moderate all discussion out of the site until it becomes one bland pointless monoculture with no room for a difference of opinion if that's your aim.

Utter nonsense and you know it. There are threads created here all the time concerning stuff that irritates and disgusts me, which I do not post in. I just happen to feel quite strongly about this particular type of film and the pavlovian consumer reaction to these releases. That is why I'm posting my opinion of it and the people who pay to see these things. There really is no other way to say "this film is shit and you're a fucking idiot if you paid to see it" is there?

I'm sorry, but if the only way you can put your argument across is by saying complete nonsense like this:

Seriously' date=' if you harbour feelings of nostalgia for indiana jones, transformers or starwars, go and fucking kill yourself because your life and your intellect is clearly utterly inconsequential.[/quote']

...then I'd rather you just kept your opinion to yourself quite frankly. Because it's adding absolutely nothing of value to the content of this web site and just serves to offend.

This is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned. If you want to keep arguing about it then do it over private messages. If you want to keep arguing about it in this thread then you'll find yourself banned. Back to the topic please everyone...

Oh and Murr - You really can't accuse people of trolling just because you happen to disagree with their opinion. Grow a pair.

Which would be all well and good if you actually made an attempt to put forward a healthy arguement instead of offering such pearls as "go fucking kill yourself".

Nice try.

I enjoyed it, personally I didn't think it any more far fetched that the earlier films, and it continued on from the earlier ones pretty well - however much people will be adamant that the earlier ones were better, they were in the main just as far fetched and all an enjoyable watch, never intended to have any deep meaning or thought behind them.

It could have done to perhaps lose a couple of the big set pieces that were continually thrown at you in favour of expanding on the story a wee bit, but hell, I went to see it for a couple of hours of Indiana Jones exploring temples and fighting bad guys and that's what I got.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved it! It was exactly what i thought it would be. Me and my missus were discussing it on the way home, with her view being the

"Whatthe Fuck? Aliens?"

, i thought that the storyline was pretty weak, but i went to be entertained and not think for couple hours and that is exactly what i got. Also thought it was funny as fuck!!

I ain't gonna kill myself though!! and i also believe i ain't retarded, maybe simple but not retarded!!

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to seeing this before it left the cinema.

I thought that the chess game was really lame. And why was that lady always chasing after the dogs in the background during that jungle scene with the jeeps shooting at each other.

Also the Bruce Willis cameo was not necessary. I mean why?!

Only other thing I liked was the whole ancient Egyptian dancing carpet of Rahz Marzine when Indiana was riding that like a bull and that funny line he kept saying, "Whip that! I wanna ship that!" multiple times.

Anyway... it wasn't as good as Raiders, but it had the spunk and action of "English Patient" but the kind-hearted feel of "Batteries Not Included" and I'd recommend it to anyone.

One thing i'd also recommend is not showing Harrison in full frontal nudity next time. Ugh!

• 2 months later...