aberdeen-music

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

GavH

I saw it last night. It was ok, a bit more far fetched than i'd have liked it to have been. Sets itself up nicely for more films in the franchise. Definitely the worst out of the four films in my opinion, but the first three are timeless classics in their genre so that isn't especially a disservice to the film itself.

It was enjoyable though.

I thoroughly enjoyed it although I was disappointed at how weak the plot was given they've had 19 years and have apparently turned down loads of other script for not being good enough. And also (I don't think this should count as a spoiler) why is Henry Jones Snr dead when he drank from the Holy Grail in the Last Crusade? It should have given him everlasting life!

I thoroughly enjoyed it although I was disappointed at how weak the plot was given they've had 19 years and have apparently turned down loads of other script for not being good enough. And also (I don't think this should count as a spoiler) why is Henry Jones Snr dead when he drank from the Holy Grail in the Last Crusade? It should have given him everlasting life!

I think because he crossed the seal and left the cave thingie. You only live forever if you stayin there after drinking from the Grail.

Thats why the Knight was still alive.

At least thats my theory.

i enjoyed it but the story was fucking daft. even dafter than the wholy grail. it really annoyed me that it turned out to be what it was. shia lebouf was ace though and good to see karen allen back. best bit was the bike chase ending in the library.

ray winstone can fuck off. jonesy! cunt.

i enjoyed it but the story was fucking daft. even dafter than the wholy grail. it really annoyed me that it turned out to be what it was. shia lebouf was ace though and good to see karen allen back. best bit was the bike chase ending in the library.

ray winstone can fuck off. jonesy! cunt.

Yeah Winstone and the main plot device were definitely the worst things about it.

Dunno why you claim the holy grail is daft, not really any more daft than the ark of the covenant story. Really the crystal skull story and ending isn't any more believable but for some reason it really didn't sit right.

The bit with the sand and the snake was ace. As was the initial Indy reveal even though it had been featured in the trailers. I just liked the way it tried so hard not to show his face until the music kicked in

Yeah, I noticed that as well. What made the whole film rather unsettling for me is that Harrison Ford in the film is essentially a slightly more well-dressed, five years older version of my Dad. And Cate Blanchett's character reminded me of a girl who I'd pulled quite a few times in Exodus. Except less Russian and about 15 years younger. Which was kind of, well, very scary.

Aside from that, it was good fun, the story line was utterly ridiculous as expected but still enjoyable.

I think because he crossed the seal and left the cave thingie. You only live forever if you stayin there after drinking from the Grail.

Thats why the Knight was still alive.

At least thats my theory.

I see, I'd like to hear that direct from Lucas' or Spielberg's mouth...probably not gonna happen though. I thought Blanchett was a pretty uninspiring baddy and the accent was very dodgy. Still I could look at those cheekbones for hours.

I see, I'd like to hear that direct from Lucas' or Spielberg's mouth...probably not gonna happen though.

But you heard it straight from the knight's mouth IN the film:

You have chosen wisely. But the

Grail cannot pass beyond the

Great Seal. That is the boundary

and the price of immortality.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Script at IMSDb.

Me and Mrs Diesel went to see it on Tuesday after having helleish days at work. It was perfect escapism.

As daft as a very daft thing, but taken with a pinch of salt at a no-brainer level, it was just fine.

Shia Lebouf is is one of the most watchable, entertaining young actors around just now.

I really liked it.

And as an atheist, I find mayan/alien myth a whole lot less far-fetched than the holy grail story anyway.

See, i'm an atheist of sorts but i consider reading/learning about religious artifacts to be one of my favourite pastimes and while i agree that the majority of biblical "stories" are just that, there is no reason to disbelieve that such items as the "holy grail", the "spear of longinus" etc existed. They may hold no overall importance/power other than their projected symbolism, but the records suggest that items such as those mentioned do exist.

fuck indiana jones, fuck steven spielberg and fuck all these remake/next episodes. Those films were all shit in the first place, this is just about production companies cashing in on the cloyingly transparent "nostalgia" of the naive tossers who are the only people thick enough (apart from actual kids) to actually pay to go and watch this shit.

Seriously, if you harbour feelings of nostalgia for indiana jones, transformers or starwars, go and fucking kill yourself because your life and your intellect is clearly utterly inconsequential.

I have one thanks, and I'm entirely justified in being disgusted at the activities of scum like you awful peasants who suck up this hollywood shit as if it's your mothers milk.

"oohh did u see the new indiana jones film? ohhhh did you see the latest episode of lost? Lets discuss it so we can feel at one with each other and pretend everything is ok".

it is really relevant that your avatar is Dan Ashcroft. Started off with some valid and interesting anti-consumer views...ended up sad and desperate, resulting to shock tactics like tossing off other blokes in pub toilets in order to get the attention you clearly crave off the very 'idiots' you despise.

some life.

I have one thanks, and I'm entirely justified in being disgusted at the activities of scum like you awful peasants who suck up this hollywood shit as if it's your mothers milk.

"oohh did u see the new indiana jones film? ohhhh did you see the latest episode of lost? Lets discuss it so we can feel at one with each other and pretend everything is ok".

lol, drunk stripey. pseudo-intellictualism fails, yet again. an hero yourself now, plz.

DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

So yeah, the film. I thought it was a load of bullshit, but in a good way. Not the kind of movie I'd normally go and see but it was good fun and a great way to get away from the stress of exams for a couple of hours. I thought Blanchett was pretty crap overall, tbh... I just didn't believe she was evil at all. The major issue I had was...

... when the alien and the big fuck-off flying saucer turned up! What a load of nonsense!

it is really relevant that your avatar is Dan Ashcroft. Started off with some valid and interesting anti-consumer views...ended up sad and desperate, resulting to shock tactics like tossing off other blokes in pub toilets in order to get the attention you clearly crave off the very 'idiots' you despise.

some life.

Cool, you totally don't understand nathan barley - quite understandable though if you're the kind of witless unthinking retard who watches hollywood films.

Oh and Murr - You really can't accuse people of trolling just because you happen to disagree with their opinion. Grow a pair.