aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Are you holding on to Niculae?

We don't know. He's been doing a great PR job for the club whilst at the Euros saying he loves Inverness, the fans and the players. He's also said he'd love to stay at Inverness for a few more seasons. But the club will probably take the money and run... in fairness, anything close to 1million would be awesome for us, and since we don't have any debt at all, it could go a long way in furthering our club.

My respect for the man couldn't be higher. He even set up an email account for Caley fans to send him messages at the euros, and he has replied personally to pretty much all of them from what i'm hearing! Great lad.

I think that looks nice. Least the sponsor is nicer than the Dons... Although is it my imagination or is it too high up on the shirt?

A few folk on the ICT forums have said the same thing about the height of the sponsor.

I hated our last strip to begin with, then ended up loving it. So hopefully it'll grow on me as well.

A few folk on the ICT forums have said the same thing about the height of the sponsor.

I hated our last strip to begin with, then ended up loving it. So hopefully it'll grow on me as well.

It's definitely too high!! It should be more middle ribcage level! Lol. Maybe it'll sit differently on different people??

We don't know. He's been doing a great PR job for the club whilst at the Euros saying he loves Inverness, the fans and the players. He's also said he'd love to stay at Inverness for a few more seasons. But the club will probably take the money and run... in fairness, anything close to 1million would be awesome for us, and since we don't have any debt at all, it could go a long way in furthering our club.

My respect for the man couldn't be higher. He even set up an email account for Caley fans to send him messages at the euros, and he has replied personally to pretty much all of them from what i'm hearing! Great lad.

Professional footballer in decent man shocker! I hope you can keep him.

Aw no....has anybody heard who the Dons are 'poised to unveil'?

Ross Tokely and Roy McBain, in exchange for Darren Mackie plus 25k. And Paul Dalglish is expected to sign a short-termer today, too. Ross...you heard anything about this? Anyone?

If it's true, it could be a very interesting first game of the season...

Might all be pish though. Hope so.

Love from Christy

Ross Tokely and Roy McBain, in exchange for Darren Mackie plus 25k. And Paul Dalglish is expected to sign a short-termer today, too. Ross...you heard anything about this? Anyone?

Love from Christy

Heard absolutely nothing of the sorts. Would love it to happen though as I hate McBain :love:

In fact, no chance of it happening. Tokely was modelling our new kit last week. If there were even the smallest chance of him leaving, the club would've picked someone else for the kit launch. Gladly swap Mackie for McBain though!

Quite happy with the Andy Barrowman signing. Hopefully he makes the step up.

Quite happy with the Andy Barrowman signing. Hopefully he makes the step up.

Aye, it seems likely he'll be a good signing. The new Dargo?

I really hope those Dons rumours are not true. Not the kind of signings we need. We have enough SPL journeymen in our squad.

Love from Christy

Love from Christy

Christy, just out of curiosity, was your old band De Barros named after the Highland league midfield maestro Marco De Barros??

I fucking hate that cunt Ross Tokely, Don or not I'll boo the fucker every chance I get if he signs.

The more I think about this transfer, the more I hope it happens. The Dons fans will be fuming if it becomes a reality, we get money... and we get get rid of Rossco and Royser. Amazing :love: Who knows, Mackie might have a stormer for us as well :laughing:

Barrowman should do well for us, but we'll need to keep Niculae to get the best out of him. If Dougie Imrie and Don Cowie keep up recent form, it could be a very good season :up:

Other players we've been linked with recently:

Clayton Donaldson :up:

Callum Elliot :down:

Graham Dorrans (season loan) :up:

Robert Snodgrass ?(

Calum Elliott is a far better player than Bertie Big Bollocks Donaldson, a guy who thought he was a fuckin celebrity at York and got turfed out by the Hibees because he was all swagger and no ability. Can't see ICT working out for him. Elliott is a crackin player, thoug his progress has stalled a bit with Hearts. Whose wouldn't?

And Elwood...indeed we were named after Marco de Barros...Huntly legend and ICT flop. Legend has it that he got punted by Huntly the last time because he pulled out of a Scottish Cup match at Falkirk at the last minute because he heard the drug testers had arrived. He was announced in the lineup and everything....never wore the famous black-and-gold again. Highland League legend though!

Love from Christy