aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 2-0 Clyde

That's that mob outta the way, our reward is:

Airdrie United (can't forget the "United", as it's in no way the old Airdrie sneaking back in under a technicality, is it?) v.Dunfermline

A chance for revenge for 2 seasons ago when they robbed us of our annual trip to Hampden...

The latest gossip from the red-tops...

• Barry Ferguson's agent has been asked by Rangers to find him a new club. Newcastle are leading the chase for his signature.
  • Peter Lovenkrands is also signing for Newcastle
  • Kris Boyd's agent has gone back to Birmingham and asked them to re-start negotiations - again at the request of Rangers.
  • Chris Porter is leaving Motherwell to sign for Hearts this week.
  • Man City will sign Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy in January,
  • Man United about to sign Karim Benzema for 20m and sell Carlos Tevez.
  • Arsenal are trying to nick Andrie Arshavin from under Tottenham's noses.

Apparently we've signed some 18 year old Brazilian striker today. Sounds promising, although knowing our luck it'll end up being the Brazilian equivalent of Ade Akinbiyi. JFK seems to reckon we're getting two international players (Italian and Argie) on loan... I'm thinking Claudio Caniggia and Lorenzo Amorosu to join their homeboys Peter Lovenkrands, Barry Ferguson and Pedro Mendes at SJP...

*gags*

Also, I'm nae chuffed with the lack of sub-par Dutch amateurs arriving at Pittodrie thus far. Get yer finger out, Caldo.

Caley sign Ritchie Byrne.

To be honest i'm less annoyed than I thought i'd be. Mainly because of the terrible form Hastings has shown.

You want to keep Richie away from left-back (unless he's 'left back in the changing room' lol), and play him at centre-half. He can head a ball, and put in a tackle, but he's got no pace or any kind of brain.

i was at the saints game tonight. I fucking hate old firm fans and that lazy ice skater Kris Boyd. If Saints had scored in the first half they would have won (bloody macgregor)

I really hope that stephen tweed isnt the new montrose manager

LOL!

The sooner you get Iain Stewart appointed the better.

Oh, and the reason I came on this thread (oo-er...). Just read this on the Beeb:

"Manchester City have offered AC Milan 100m in cash for Brazilian superstar Kaka, who will earn 500,000 a week gross if he signs for the Premier League side. (Daily Mail, 2301 GMT)"

Um, credit crunch, anyone? No money, y'know? Jobs going, companies going... SUrely City can afford half a mill net?!

i was at the saints game tonight. I fucking hate old firm fans and that lazy ice skater Kris Boyd. If Saints had scored in the first half they would have won (bloody macgregor)

On the plus side, I hear some Saints fans, in an unusually interesting move, got wired into the Huns?

Oh and I really don't see Milan selling Kaka' in this window.

nah, some kids jumped the fence and ran about on the track around 87th minute. certainly seen nae fighting but there was a bit of antagonism from both sets of fans

i hate the old firm. if i was a player I wouldnt be applauding those fans at each final whistle. they are the shitest type of fan there is, an embarrasment to the club