aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

What a game between Histon and Leeds United!! If there's highlights on tonight make sure you see it. Terrible conditions, hero-esque last ditch tackles, goal line clearances and infinite good fortune from the woodwork

Screw the Man Yoo v. Man City game :up:

I love the early FA Cup rounds. Only watched some of the draw but what a tie for Barrow!

i have to admit i enjoyed the histon game today and they were worthy of the win, classic cup tie and loads of free publicity for cambridge united! the glassworld is a horrible place to go, we've been there three times in the past two season and not even managed a goal yet! got to go there twice in december an all.

Cup Draw

Peterhead v Queens Park

St Johnstone v Rangers

Raith Rovers or Alloa v Aberdeen

Falkirk v Queen of the South

Airdrie United v Elgin City or Spartans

Inverurie Loco Works or Vale of Leithen v Motherwell

Ross County or Dumbarton v Hamilton Academical

Forfar Athletic or Stranraer v Forres Mechanics or Dalbeattie Star

Inverness Caley v Partick Thistle

Celtic v Dundee

East Stirling v Dundee United

Stenhousemuir v East Fife

Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian

Lochee United or Ayr United v Kilmarnock

Dunfermline Athletic v Clyde

Edinburgh City or Brechin City v St Mirren

Ties to be played 10th & 11th January

As a Newcastle fan I'm absolutely gutted. I thought he was doing a sterling job. :up:

I'm not surprised. Really, for the amount of money he'd spent on that team, they should be doing a lot better than they have been recently. He paid over the odds (something like 70m in total) for mediocre players and he's left whoever takes the job with a ridiculously oversized squad that is, with a few notable exceptions, largely devoid of any real class.

Somebody told me the other day that since Roy Keane's been at Sunderland, he's transferred almost 100 players in and out of the club, including loans. That's almost one player per game. Ridiculous.

That said, I don't want them to get relegated. What's the point in having a rival if you never play them? No, an ideal scenario here would be for Sam Allardyce to take over, donate Chimbonda and Jones to Newcastle and guide the Mackems to the heady heights of 17th.

Norway v. Scotland has been re-arranged for Aug 12th... which now fits into the School Holidays :)

As a result, Zippy and I booked up for Monday 10th - Thurs 13th for about 115 return, using Ryanmare. 'You only sing when you're whaling", "Stick your Neutrogena up yer arse" etc etc

Shame the qualification campaign could be completely over by then!