aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Richie 'Bombscare' Byrne - to be fair, not a bad centre half, and had a pretty cracking game against Atletico Madrid on our European run.

Unfortunately all too often Jimmy's tombola threw him out at fullback or wingback where he looked uncomfortable. Would be a good signing for ICT and to my mind may have been a good option alongside Diamond at the centre of the Dons' defence this season.

I say, this is all very jolly isn't it? I reckon we (United) have a very good chance of finishing above the Dons this year because we seem to have stopped losing quite as many stupid goals and have developed a distinctly pleasing habit of scoring them. We're also doing better against the Old Firm and Aberdeen.

If only we could beat fucking Hibs once in a while I'd be even more confident...

I say, this is all very jolly isn't it? I reckon we (United) have a very good chance of finishing above the Dons this year because we seem to have stopped losing quite as many stupid goals and have developed a distinctly pleasing habit of scoring them. We're also doing better against the Old Firm and Aberdeen.

If only we could beat fucking Hibs once in a while I'd be even more confident...

Winna happen. We will win ugly but get the job done!

Could well be wrong here, but have you's not just got the 3-3 draw against Rangers as points off the OF? We also had that 1-1 draw at Pittodrie.

On todays game: Christ that was dreech stuff. Some seriously bad football played by the Dons for the majoirty of the game, only marginally better stuff from St.Mirren. Still, a wins a wins, and I believe that propels us from 8th to 4th. Just goes to show that the only thing a team needs to finish 3rd is the ability to stick a run together as everyone seems to be taking points off each other right now.

Guest idol_wild
arf arf

you's are fun.

541534159mKVTOy_ph.jpg

Seriously though lads, dinnae greet; I understand you assuming I'm a clueless turkey because I have less than 1000 posts and no custom avatar (and now bad rep)- I make the same assumptions on the same grounds about boys on other forums on a daily basis.

You're greeting as much as we are really.

But hey-ho. I only responded because it wasn't the club you were admonishing, but it was the supporters. All of them lumped together. Which, for all my sins, includes me. So hey, I took it personally ;)

My match report from last night.

A day of the week

I've started keeping a blog of all the Dons disasters.

I try and stay away from the football side as much as possible.

......kinda similar to the Dons then....

Last night was as shit as you described. The atmosphere was dreadful, not helped any by some home fans who seem to want to get on the players' backs from the first whistle. We were lucky to win 2-0 against utter crap. I'm not buying it that St. Mirren had any quality in their play other than filling the space behind the ball and performing basic defending. Basic defending that would have resulted in a clean sheet had it not been for a moment of magic (to use the term loosely) from Kerr and a breakaway goal when they were chasing an equaliser. Comic relief came in the form of Derek Young's inability to stay on his feet and the guy behind me's disbelief that we weren't getting a penalty when their keeper handled outside the box.

That might be it for me this season........although I've said that before.....and keep coming back.........like a battered wife.