aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest idol_wild

Does nobody remember the game we pished all over United and won 5-3 at Tannadice? Jess scored a fucking awesome free-kick that day.

The defending was pretty comical from both sides, though!

I'd just got the memory of him out my head and you bring him back from the dead. Boo and hiss. Now for payback:

Michael Bird.

Leon Mike, Mike, Mike! He is Shite, Shite, Shite!

I remember that 4-0 game. We were still doing the 'choo-choo train' corner routine, and I think big Leon had only signed the day before. He came on just as we had a corner and his team-mates told him how it worked. I can still remember his baffled face thinking it must be a wind-up or something.

He then made a half hearted attempt to follow the train and ended up just standing still as the ball came in and he powered in a great half volley from just inside the box.

I came away thinking we had just signed a top-class striker. Oh how wrong was I.:down:

At least you get a whole fucking stand. In your dump of a stadium we get shoved in a corner cage. It's lovely.

Tannadice >>>> Pittodrie

That would be because we can fill a whole stand. Fuck knows why though, given that a big Dons travelling support is always a recipe for tactical buffoonery and abject disappointment these days.

Never thought I'd ever say this but i'm chuffed to bits with the signing of Ryan Esson!! Hated him at Aberdeen, couldn't fathom how he got into Scotland squads, but i'll happily eat my words. Hero! A great performance from the yound players like Vigurs and Wood as well. Fantastic day all round :)

For Alkaline and Jon, just a reminder that the whole Dundee United v. Aberdeen game is shown on the Gaelic channel 168, as well as a wee report about the local pubs, history, pies and bovril. I've watched all of them so far and really really enjoyed the coverage. Much more relaxed than any of the Scotsport/Setanta games, where the presenters are drinking glasses of wine in the flat chatting to the teams fans on sofas, rather than in a studio as such.

Never thought I'd ever say this but i'm chuffed to bits with the signing of Ryan Esson!! Hated him at Aberdeen, couldn't fathom how he got into Scotland squads, but i'll happily eat my words. Hero! A great performance from the yound players like Vigurs and Wood as well. Fantastic day all round :)

For Alkaline and Jon, just a reminder that the whole Dundee United v. Aberdeen game is shown on the Gaelic channel 168, as well as a wee report about the local pubs, history, pies and bovril. I've watched all of them so far and really really enjoyed the coverage. Much more relaxed than any of the Scotsport/Setanta games, where the presenters are drinking glasses of wine in the flat chatting to the teams fans on sofas, rather than in a studio as such.

Cheers chief :up:

Unfortunately for some reason ALBA have ditched 30mins of build up, which has been ever present so far this season. Usually they spend 5 mins talking to punters in the pub, whilst the presenter enjoys a pint of shilling (plain tennents this week for a change); followed by a chat on the bed with mildly attractive redhead presenter and ex-player; then chat on the sofa with fans of both teams... all whilst the presenters polish of a couple of bottles of wine.

Pretty disappointed that they are all missing this week :(

Tannadice pie gets worst marks of the season...

I've avoided a few games at Pittodrie this season but decided to go to Tannadice on the premise we're better away from home. Absolute calamity in the first half but I think we were unlucky not to get at least a draw in the second. Had a one of those slobbering cretins who shout abuse on their own for ninety minutes sitting next to me. That added to the defeat makes me want to hang up the scarf.

I've avoided a few games at Pittodrie this season but decided to go to Tannadice on the premise we're better away from home. .

Seriously, have you ever been to Tannadice before? We always get cuffed down there. Its rubbish. I once went there with my future father in law and, swallowing my pride, sat in the home end, only to be treated to a tremendous vocal recital and 6-1 pumping by the visiting Huns.

Probably the worst home support Ive ever seen. Apart from the time I visited Dens...