aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest treader.
we nicked a win at albion rovers. rotten game, shite pitch and gash weather. i hate coatbridge.

still could be worse, you could be a livingston supporter!

dinna. just dinna.

I guess all the Coronation Street controversy had a much bigger effect on the players than anyone previously thought.

Hahahaha. It sounded like a whole new storyline! :laughing:

I am getting so annoyed at the 'Famine Song'. There's no need and the most worrying thing is reading the 'supporters' justification for singing it on other forums. It really riles me.

2-0 win against Peterhead for Ayr yesterday after a pretty dismal 3-0 humping by East Fife last week, only a point behind Brechin's lead now as well. Full credit to Williams popping one in after literally a minute on the pitch!

He's got a bad habit of scoring against us...

When I got to the ground I was immediately bombarded with stats such as "Ayr have won just one in 12 league meetings" and "Peterhead won all four last season". Knew then we were getting thrashed.

From watching the BBC highlights, I don't think Miller dived for our penalty. I don't think Bamba necessarily fouled him (it's pretty unclear fromt he angles they show), but I don't think Miller dived. Not that anyone will bother to watch before making a decision, but I you do you'll notice that Miller isn't exactly screaming for it.

Fletcher clearly touched the ball in an offside position for their penalty though.

Still, much as I like blaming the Sinister Minister for anything and everything, it doesn't change the fact that we made too many stupid mistakes. Mair's was obviously the most noticeable one, but Diamond had a particularly poor game as well.

I'm glad St Mirren one, and don't care if Aberdeen are now bottom. Calderwood needs to sort it out. Obviously the penalty leading to the winning goal/hand ball incident was a load of shite, but it doesn't take away from the fact we missed quite a few chances and yet more comedy defending led to the first Hibs goal. Bottom of the SPL hopefully should be the wake up call

Keny Miller has withdrawn from the Scotland squad which leaves Kris Boyd as the only recognised stiker for the Norway game.... Burley has decided not to replace him. I assume then it'll be Boyd up front on his own and McFadden playing behind him.

Jeez. Darren Mackie and Lee Miller waiting by their phones too... Although they will need some back to basics info of the term, and expected outcome, of a Striker.

There is the boy from Wolves as well.

Chris Iwelumo. Saw him interviewed at the weekend on Sky Sports and loved it. He's really pumped about the call up and will definitely give his all if called upon. If anyone wondered how Scottish he is, that interview surely made them realise he's as Scottish as haggis and Irn Bru.

Totally pumped for saturday :love:

Edit: This video just uploaded on youtube totally brought back some great memories, with many clips that i'd never seen before (especially Gordon McQueen). That was also the first time i'd seen highlights of the Italy game... when that Ferguson goal went in it's really apparent how much Hampden exploded. I was too busy trying to pick Zippy up from the row in front, after he jumped and fell in one glorious happy moment. It also amazed me how close McFadden was to the winner :down:

YouTube - Scotland World Cup 2010 Preview

The last 2 October holidays have started with a home Scotland game (v. France and Ukraine), so like these last 2 years, this week has really dragged. I've also spent most of my days keeping up to date with injuries, investigating Norway player profiles, coming up with possible line ups for Scotland, checking the weather (sunny btw), working out how to get alcohol past the police checks etc etc.

4 sleeps to go!! 3 if you include the restless night on friday :up:

Further Edit: The song I drunkenly sing at Kareoke is being recorded at Half time for charity as well :love: Samuel L Jackson though? I wonder if he'll be doing the 'That no the ball you're kicking ya eedjit, it's me!!" line? o_O

The last 2 October holidays have started with a home Scotland game (v. France and Ukraine), so like these last 2 years, this week has really dragged. I've also spent most of my days keeping up to date with injuries, investigating Norway player profiles, coming up with possible line ups for Scotland, checking the weather (sunny btw), working out how to get alcohol past the police checks etc etc.

4 sleeps to go!! 3 if you include the restless night on friday :up:

You sound like a kid waiting for Christmas! :laughing:

I do indeed feel like a kid at xmas :love:

It must be something to do with the variety of media we have now that contributes to building up a game, as well as on the demand reminders of fantastic moments (youtube etc). Really gets the adrenaline going!

Also, supporting Caley means i've had the occasional Scottish Cup semi final, win v. the Old Firm, Challenge Cup win, Division 1 win on the last day.... but nothing compares to Hampden when Scotland are playing a competitive match. It's also the only chance I get to celebrate goals and wins with mates, since they are all Dons, Celtic, Rangers, Montrose, Liverpool, Hibs et al fans; who are unlikely to feel the same about an ICT goal!

I

Also, supporting Caley means i've had the occasional Scottish Cup semi final, win v. the Old Firm, Challenge Cup win, Division 1 win on the last day.... but nothing compares to Hampden when Scotland are playing a competitive match. It's also the only chance I get to celebrate goals and wins with mates, since they are all Dons, Celtic, Rangers, Montrose, Liverpool, Hibs et al fans; who are unlikely to feel the same about an ICT goal!

Not true, sir! I was there when Caley completed an unbelievable comeback from 0-3 down at half-time to beat Ayr Utd 4-3 in the cup about 8 years ago. Remarkable! I remember Bobby Mann scored a peach of a free-kick, and the floodgates opened. I was jumping around like the lunatic I am at heart. Actually, I was a big Caley fan and regular attendee in my youth, when Paterson was the manager, This stems from my first love - Huntly FC - when Pele was the honcho. Exciting Scottish Cup runs-a-plenty!

but aye, I get your point - nothing gets a fulla going like a great performance from the national team. I love the Dons, always have, but when Scotland are playing it's a different kettle of fish. Real pride and passion come to the fore. At the moment I have the same kind of apathy towards the Dons as I did towards Scotland throughout the Vogts era....an underlying knowledge that it's not worth getting worked up about because we're gonna fail meekly....

All we ask for is a performance to be proud of!

Love from Christy

Not true, sir! I was there when Caley completed an unbelievable comeback from 0-3 down at half-time to beat Ayr Utd 4-3 in the cup about 8 years ago. Remarkable! I remember Bobby Mann scored a peach of a free-kick, and the floodgates opened. I was jumping around like the lunatic I am at heart. Actually, I was a big Caley fan and regular attendee in my youth, when Paterson was the manager, This stems from my first love - Huntly FC - when Pele was the honcho. Exciting Scottish Cup runs-a-plenty!

I also was present at said match, but those high scoring games came along so often that I got used to them. I also remember a 7-3 win against Ayr as well a 4-3 loss to Livingstone that Bill Leckie said would be in the top 5 games he's ever seen in his life. Exciting times, but i'll take the chance to do over one of the old firm and the dons any day over SFL life!

Got 4 games of football myself before saturday's game, so i've looked out some of the old school Scotland tops to relive some McFadden moments of my own to make the week go quicker. Also watching and playing as much darts as possible; to try and improve the 70 odd average I was playing at on Saturday (finally sorted my throw and loving the 29g beasts)

I also was present at said match, but those high scoring games came along so often that I got used to them. I also remember a 7-3 win against Ayr as well a 4-3 loss to Livingstone that Bill Leckie said would be in the top 5 games he's ever seen in his life. Exciting times, but i'll take the chance to do over one of the old firm and the dons any day over SFL life!

Got 4 games of football myself before saturday's game, so i've looked out some of the old school Scotland tops to relive some McFadden moments of my own to make the week go quicker. Also watching and playing as much darts as possible; to try and improve the 70 odd average I was playing at on Saturday (finally sorted my throw and loving the 29g beasts)

I had three attempts at a 180 last week but couldn't convert any of them. Was hitting double 10 on a 66% success rate though :up:.