aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

The above went well, I see.

We were lucky to be 2-0 down at half time against Brechin, just did not start the game at all. Fortunately we were competent in the second half and levelled.

Even more fortunately, I'd covered my bet on us to win, and ended up a whole 20 to the good!

fucking raging. 2 nil up and cruising, lost two centre backs and died to a 2 - 2

baird was incredible and took his goal with so much composure. as for bradleys skin skin/drag 3 boys and left curl into the top right corner - YYYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!

if we want to win this league we need to learn how to a) hold onto a lead b) get fit

NEXT>

The Dons are the worst football team in the league by a mile right now.

We need to start playing proper football VERY soon.

We may lack creativity, but I'll save the panic for when any other side in the league looks any good.

Sounded like we did the ugly things well on Saturday, and for a team with such obvious limitations I reckon that's the only way forward.

The Czechs are beating England 2-1 just now, pretty funny stuff.

That free kick was absolutely brilliant, James was absolutely nowhere. And then he smiled, the useless donkey that he is.

Funniest thing was saying to one of my friends "watch this, England will pull back a jammy goal" about five seconds before they scored...she'd claimed they wouldn't (despite being English!) and yet...they did.

What the hell are they paying Capello for, though?

That free kick was absolutely brilliant, James was absolutely nowhere. And then he smiled, the useless donkey that he is.

It was a great hit by Jankulovski, but - and I may be wrong because I've only seen it once - it looked to me like James took a step or two towards the wall's side of the goal which is just lunacy. From that close in, it takes something pretty special to get the ball over the wall and down again quickly enough, so I'd always rather see the keeper hold their nerve and cover his own side properly, rather than leave a huge, inviting gap in order to stand behind the wall.

Langfield caught out like this by Barry Robson not once, but twice last season :swearing:

Actually, after some thought, I'm blaming David James' haircut for the goal.

• Upvote 1