aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

now I loved Darren Huckerby when I first started watching football for some reason, but this is THE most cringeworthy clip on the net.

(Interview on local tv with Darren Huckerby after signing for the San Jose Earthquakes)

How many times can you say legend in one interview?

now I loved Darren Huckerby when I first started watching football for some reason, but this is THE most cringeworthy clip on the net.

(Interview on local tv with Darren Huckerby after signing for the San Jose Earthquakes)

bless the americans, they can't quite get it. If they start calling it football, and goals(rather than scores) they might.

I'm off to see barcalona play tomorrow, against my beloved Hibernian. :up:easy win right?

Just thought I’d let you know that AFC have a new ad out for season tickets and this is the current schedule if you want a look!

Wed 23/07/2008 23:20 30 C SIX DEGREES

Fri 25/07/2008 14:30 30 C GOOD BID GOOD BUY

Sat 26/07/2008 23:30 30 C BENIDORM RPT

Sun 27/07/2008 16:05 30 C TBA FILM

Sun 27/07/2008 21:40 30 C MIDSOMER MURDERS

Mon 28/07/2008 23:30 30 C JAWS

Tue 29/07/2008 11:10 30 C THIS MORNING

Tue 29/07/2008 18:15 30 C NORTH TONIGHT GRAMPIAN NEWS

Wed 30/07/2008 23:25 30 C SIX DEGREES

Thu 31/07/2008 14:01 30 E ITV LUNCHTIME NEWS

Thu 31/07/2008 20:59 30 E THE BILL

We've just accepted an improved offer from Kaiserslauten for Marius Niculae :down:

It's believed to be around 600k though which is a pretty good bit of business I suppose. Hopefully the money will go towards extending Don Cowie and Mikey Fraser's contracts.

Maybe Brewster will have to come out of retirement, as we've only got Barrowman, Wood, McAllister and Rooney (on loan) as strikers next year. Pretty excited about having Rooney on loan actually; scored a good goal on tues night and generally well thought of by the Stoke City fans.

Very glad we missed out on Stevie Crawford and Calum Elliot :up:

got meself a new gig flogging programmes at cambridge united! watched us stuff everton 4-2 last sat and it wasnt even an everton reserves side - andy johnson and phil neville both played in a very strong everton line up and arteta came on for the last 15 mins!

we're still looking at mid table at best i feel for the new season mind :(

woody get a look in?

Scored the equaliser in the 1-1 draw against a Danish Premier League side. Based on Brewster's comments below, I doubt you'll get him on loan this season.

Brewster praised goalscorer Garry Wood and added: Wood did well to get on the end of a great cross from Dougie Imrie. He looked a real handful when he came on as a substitute and he is a powerful boy.

The Danes are a decent side and in the 20 minutes he was on Wood gave their centre backs problems.

"He has a good chance to make it at the club.

Although he is a young boy, playing regularly at Montrose last season did him the world of good.

I am excited about seeing how he develops over the course of the forthcoming season."

Aye it was announced by Bucharest shortly after I posted the Kaiserslauten post; but all the websites and newspapers have been a bit slow on the uptake. The P&J still think he's going to 'slauten.

Gutted he's gone. He never quite became the player he once was, but there were the odd flashes of genius and I have never been prouder to be an ICT fan than when he was at the Euros. Total gentleman, who deserves infinite success. I wish him all the best in the future.

The personal reply to an email I sent him now sits proudly on my classroom wall; next to a Supercaleygoballistic poster, QOTS 4-3 semi final win over the Dons poster and an A3 picture of 13 mates and myself celebrating outside the Parc de Princes last Sept.

I was enjoying that post til I read the QOTS bit......may your bits be caught in your desk drawer!! :)

Let him have it - it should just remind him that even QOTS can beat the Dons, whilst a certain other team continues to fail miserably to emulate such an achievement ;)

Yadda yadda yadda :love:

This is the first year we haven't been beaten by the 'heed in ages. Perhaps this is a sign that a victory over the Dons is forthcoming.

Be safe in the knowledge that as a PROUD ICT fan I receive a healthy amount of abuse from staff and pupils, so should another undeserved Dons win occur on the 9th, I'll get the brunt of abuse.

However.... if we win.... it's probably best you stay off the Internet for the weekend.

Yadda yadda yadda :love:

This is the first year we haven't been beaten by the 'heed in ages. Perhaps this is a sign that a victory over the Dons is forthcoming.

Be safe in the knowledge that as a PROUD ICT fan I receive a healthy amount of abuse from staff and pupils, so should another undeserved Dons win occur on the 9th, I'll get the brunt of abuse.

However.... if we win.... it's probably best you stay off the Internet for the weekend.

Well, whatever the score, I'm sure we can all look forward to a truly dreadful game of football :up: X-(