aberdeen-music

Highlights of 2007/2008 Season

Jeanette

So, since that's the Scottish Cup Final over and Euro 2008 about to start, maybe now is a good time to ask... What were your highlights of the season?!

For me Scotland beating France and Peter Martin's over the top but amazing commentary on Clyde 1...

And the turn around that Walter Smith has managed at Rangers.

:up:

Lots of highlights from the best season ever....

Starting the season in New York watching Red Bulls beat Beckhams LA Galaxy 5-4 at the Giants Stadium

Scotland beating France and Ukraine

Man Utd 4-1 victory over Arsenal in the FA Cup

Barnsley knocking Chelsea in the FA Cup

Aberdeen and Everton in the UEFA Cup

Man Utd winning the Premiership and the Champions League

Hull City 4- 1 Watford

But nothing beats todays victory for Hull over Bristol in the Play-off final. Next season Premiership

Hmmm...Man utd winning the league and champs league mainly because they beat Chelsea to both.

Aberdeen getting 4th from a crap domestic season.

Watching Aberdeen run bayern ragged at Pittodrie.

Seeing the Scotland International team go from strength to strength.

Aberdeen beating Rangers on the final day of the season at Pittodrie (again :))

• Caley giving Celtic a 2 goal headstart and an extra man advantage, then humping them 3-2.
  • The atmosphere, experience and journey to every Scotland home game. Especially the "Loch Lomond" recording at half time in the Ukraine game - tear enducing.
  • The trip to Paris for THAT game and THAT goal!

lots of highlights...

1-1 in Dnipro. Watched this at my mates flat, and was thoroughly animated in the last 20 minutes when we were hanging on. Langfield played out of his skin. Mackie's early goal and the final whistle was an incredible high. at least 4 more Euro games had been won - brilliant night out duly followed.

Trip to Madrid. First time abroad with the Dons and can have little complaints for the entire trip. Although the game was a slight disapointment (although a proud performance). 2 great nights will brilliant atmosphere.

Aberdeen 4. Copenhagen 0. One of Pittodrie's greatest ever nights. The match itself is a blur in the mind.

Aberdeen 2. Bayern Munich 2. Atmosphere was unreal. The tension was unbearable at times. The celebrations of going ahead TWICE against one of the greatest teams on the planet was the best I've felt in football. To walk away from Pittodrie absolutely GUTTED to have drawn shows how well we played. Still say it was never a penalty...but overall a draw was fair enough.

Trip to Munich. went for a whole week this time so had a bit of a holiday as well. Nicer city than Madrid and the atmosphere in the Beer Halls days around the game was unreal. To see the main square absolutely jam-packed with Dandies was surreal emotionally. Thought we were brilliant throughout the game as well, and perhaps if Mackie's goal hadn't been called offside at 2-0 might have just pulled off the impossible.

Celtic 0. Aberdeen 1.

One of the best bounces of the season. Last minute decision to go down to this one paid off well. Long and frustratingly sober drive down paid off as a dogged defensive display put us into the Scottish Cup semis. Everyone prematurely believed a final, and european football would await. It was brilliant.

Aberdeen 2. Rangers 0.

Charlie Allan once said beating Rangers was better than sex. I used to agree with him, but these days we seem to beat Rangers alot more than I get it. It's still great though. To put the final nail in their title challenge was an added bonus. Also secured 4th spot with it as well sent us all home on a tie.

Dons v. Bayern at home.

Dons v. Copenhagen at home... think I enjoyed this one a little more actually, the atmosphere was awesome.

Dons finishing fourth, getting to the semi-finals of two cups and doing great in Europe. Anyone who thinks we've had a shit season is a fucktard, tbh.

Newcastle whomping Spurs 4-1, eat that! :up:

Habib Beye in general (especially when he throttled Morten Gamst Pedersen)

The return of Kevin Keegan was one of the most exciting days I've had as a football fan (I support Aberdeen and Newcastle, go figure!).

Rangers NOT winning the UEFA Cup.

Ronaldo missing that penalty in the Champs League final... I know it means fuck all in the grand scheme of things, but I almost fell off my chair laughing. Arse.

"We need a big fat bloke to sit up top and feed from Michael and Oba; Mark (Viduka) fills that role nicely!" - King Kev.

Any time that Paul Jewell gave one of his "we're shit and we know we are" interviews, love the dude's honesty.

Beating Scumderland.

Robbie Savage getting relegated.

It's been a season of highs and lows, unfortunatley I missed out on many of the high points. At the time of both the Copenhagen and Bayern games I was in Nepal with no way of seeing the games, unfortunately I was back in time to see the dons lose to Queen of the South at Hampden. :down:

Chelsea losing the Champions league final was one of the worst experiences I've had as a football fan. The wins over Man U at Stamford Bridge and Liverpool in the champions league semi final were great though.

Beating France was probably the biggest highlight of the season. The reaction in the pub when that goal went in was incredible.

France 0 - 1 Scotland

England's Euro qualifying campaign

On a Pars note, I'm seriously struggling to think of any good times. Glass zinging one in against Ayr in the Challenge Cup was the only decent goal I can remember celebrating. There were a thousand lows; getting doinked 5-0 at home by Hamilton and humped 3-0 by Stirling were particularly painful. Ah well, onwards and upwards next season...

QOS 4 - 3 Aberdeen. Sorry, but I laughed so hard. That luminous fatboy deserves it all. How many Hampden finals now, Tango?

highlights of the season:

madrid trip

copenhagen at home - unbelievable game

bayern home game - couple of cracking goals from walker and aluko

home league games to dundee utd, hibs and rangers were ace aswell

gretna going bust :D

hearts bottom six diddies :D

and big lee miller signing on yass min!!! bring on next season!

I don't really have many highlights, attendance-wise anyway. I didn't go to any of the Don's European games, though I fucking yelled the house down when Mackie scored against Dnipro. Seeing the Dons in the last 32 against Bayern Munich was a highlight, though I watched it in the pub. Most of the games I've been at this season at Todders have been pretty yawnsome, though beating the Huns in the last game was very pleasing, in the end it didn't really mean anything.

I don't really follow Scotland except for a passing interest so I couldn't really give much of a fuck about McFaddens goal against France, though it was a beast and I did jump up and down like a fanny when it went in.

I do like to try and watch the Premiership whenver possible but I don't have a team that I out and out support (though if I was pushed I would say Everton) so it's difficult to get excited over when you're not really behind any one team.

The Champion's League final was pretty special even for a neutral, just for the way that Ma Cameron's came alive when Anelka missed that penalty.

Bobby Mann's run of 7 goals in 6 games

The atmosphere at Somerset Park when Bobby Mann scored an 89th minute penalty right in front of the home fans after taking 89 minutes of abuse, then proceeding to celebrate in front of the bastards

The atmosphere at Somerset Park when Bobby Mann scored an 91st minute penalty right in front of the home fans after taking 91 minutes of abuse, then proceeding to celebrate in front of the bastards. In the same game as above.

The Dons' European games

Thornton Hibs appearance in the Scottish Junior Cup semi-final

The Dons humping the huns last week

McFadden's goal against France

QOS almost humping the huns on Saturday

And most importantly...

Granite City Wizards finally notching a win in their second-last game!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

On a Pars note, I'm seriously struggling to think of any good times. Glass zinging one in against Ayr in the Challenge Cup was the only decent goal I can remember celebrating. There were a thousand lows; getting doinked 5-0 at home by Hamilton and humped 3-0 by Stirling were particularly painful. Ah well, onwards and upwards next season...

QOS 4 - 3 Aberdeen. Sorry, but I laughed so hard. That luminous fatboy deserves it all. How many Hampden finals now, Tango?

I suppose horsing QOS 4-0 after they'd just dunted Tango out of a Hampden final will do for a positive but it's been pretty much a season to forget. I like the way McIntyre's going about things, though.

In answer to your question, none since he deserted when the money dried up.

We've had 2.

Woof!

:up: