aberdeen-music

..A thought that passed me

I signed up as Elwood in 2002 to try and find a new band (which I did and later became Elwood Dedos). Though I stopped posting in 03 for about a year and I had to sign up again when I rejoined. Did something happen that meant everyone's memberships got cancelled or something?

i think a few times the website was re-jiggled people had to sign up again. I signed up in 5th year at school...like 6 or 7 years ago...holy shit!

I remember the days when you'd go out and get speaking to new folk and end up asking who they were on Ab-Mus :p

I still do that :laughing:

i think a few times the website was re-jiggled people had to sign up again. I signed up in 5th year at school...like 6 or 7 years ago...holy shit!

I remember the days when you'd go out and get speaking to new folk and end up asking who they were on Ab-Mus :p

haha yeh .. or going to gigs.. and like wow theres "such and such" from aberdeen music.. totally forgetting wait they dont actually know you

Back in about 2002, 2003 it seemed everybody you spoke to who was either in a band or went to gigs was a member of Ab music, (or at least the gigs I was going to anyway, which were mostly of the metal or punk persuasion). These days I tend to find a lot of people are aware of the site but don't use it, either because they haven't registered, or they have and just didn't find it very useful.

I can't remember why I joined, I'm sure there was a good reason.

I know quite a few folk who read Ab-Music, but don't post as they feel it can be a quite hostile atmosphere, which I don't really agree with as there are a lot of worse message boards out there.

meh.. I did stop posting for a while cause no matter what I said someone always had to make it difficult.. which has not happened for a while

Guest Neutral

Well, aubl existed first - i got banned from there

Aberdeen music - 2002

Banned at least 40 times that I can remember although this is probably higher due to the amount of usernames i had at one point, then i had to stop because my provider had static ip addresses then the new provider didnt

Awesome

I have some old screenshots lying around of threads i got banned for:laughing:

Banned at least 40 times that I can remember although this is probably higher due to the amount of usernames i had at one point, then i had to stop because my provider had static ip addresses then the new provider didnt

You haven't been banned anywhere near 40 times. No-one has. I think you've probably got an IQ of 40 though, if your posts on here are anything to go by.

Guest Neutral
You haven't been banned anywhere near 40 times. No-one has. I think you've probably got an IQ of 40 though, if your posts on here are anything to go by.

Actually since 2002 i would say about 40 is pretty near the mark, i'd sign up one day and get banned the next etc... change username and do it all over again

Guest Steven Dedalus
Actually since 2002 i would say about 40 is pretty near the mark, i'd sign up one day and get banned the next etc... change username and do it all over again

You are so punk rock, dude.

Apparently I joined in 2005... Probably cause that was about the time I gave up on trying and failing to get my "I've never heard of them so I'm not going to see them" type mates to go to gigs and decided to start going on my own.

Never really been a regular poster, for no reason other than... well, no, just for no reason!