aberdeen-music

The Lucky Rathen Weezer news thread

Lemonade

I dislike Hash Pipe, I'm a big fan of Green, superb album IMO, but that track just doesn't seem to sit with the rest of the album.

I have always had the complete opposite view, that the rest of the album fails to match that song! Although I liked 'Buddy Holly' when it was out, Weezer subsequently kind of passed me by but then 'Hash Pipe' came out and I bought that album on the strength of it, dunno why, I just love that song....

I have always had the complete opposite view, that the rest of the album fails to match that song! Although I liked 'Buddy Holly' when it was out, Weezer subsequently kind of passed me by but then 'Hash Pipe' came out and I bought that album on the strength of it, dunno why, I just love that song....

I dunno, to me it just seems like the token generic "Hit Single" stuck in the middle of an otherwise excellent album. Green was only the second Weezer album I ever heard (after Blue) and I loved the whole album, in much the same way as I did when I first heard Blue. From there I started buying up the stuff I didn't have, and while it's all pretty ace (Pinkerton especially) Blue and Green are the two that have a "special place in my heart" if you know what I mean.

Is Rivers still not playing guitar live?

If these pictures are anything to go by then yeh he is playing guitar.

Weezer, O2 Academy Brixton, London | Photos | DIY

I think playing a Wheatus cover is a bit pointless at their own gig, but cannot complain with a setlist like that.

Kind of funny at a festival as loads of people go to see them thinking they are the ones that did Teenage Dirtbag.

Well their paranoid android cover was awful and but Poker face / kids would suit weezer more and are better for singing along / dancing to if you're not a fan of the originals.

Teenage dirtbag is just a shit song, so no reason to play it.

I like singing along to Teenage Dirtbag and Paranoid Android more than Poker Face and Kids. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

I also like the song Hash Pipe.

I also have been told I have shit taste in music before so it's all cool.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...