aberdeen-music

The Lucky Rathen Weezer news thread

Lemonade

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Don't stop believing. This album is going to be awesome. Awesome I tell you. Surely even Rivers must have realised Red was pretty cack and head in a different direction for this one. Weezer, to give them their dues, have always listened to the fans first and foremost, and if the fans hated what they did on Red, they surely wouldn't do the same thing again. Quick, someone back me up before all this blind optimism wears off.

Weezer haven't had any decent output since the Green Album, and even some of the stuff on that was a bit lame.

raditudelay-cover.jpg

Weezer's 'Raditude' Cover Is Doggone Awesome - Spinner UK

It was always sadly inevitable that Rivers would disappear up his own arse, and last time I saw Weezer, in Edinburgh a few years ago, they were definitely heading that way. Too much bullshit rock posturing and pointless instrument swapping. Shame, as the man is undeniably a pop genius when he puts his mind to it.

Still, I wouldnt rule out another classic Weezer record one day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well..... Raditude then.

I'm really really disappointed with it, I'd convinced myself it was going to be a return to form but it just sounds like a jumbled up nightmare. There's no cohesion between any of the songs, it sounds like a collection of tracks recorded in different studios at different times with different producers and different instruments.... They've got a hip-hop track on there with Lil' Wayne rapping over it, they've got electro-synth Lady Ga-Ga style noises, they've got a track with Bollywood singing and guitars. I mean there's a couple of good tracks on there, but it's like they tried to make "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" and ended up with "Girls, Girls, Girls". Whatever happened to 4-chords, a fuzzbox and glorious vocal harmonies. Rivers, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO BEST.

Well..... Raditude then.

I'm really really disappointed with it, I'd convinced myself it was going to be a return to form but it just sounds like a jumbled up nightmare. There's no cohesion between any of the songs, it sounds like a collection of tracks recorded in different studios at different times with different producers and different instruments.... They've got a hip-hop track on there with Lil' Wayne rapping over it, they've got electro-synth Lady Ga-Ga style noises, they've got a track with Bollywood singing and guitars. I mean there's a couple of good tracks on there, but it's like they tried to make "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" and ended up with "Girls, Girls, Girls". Whatever happened to 4-chords, a fuzzbox and glorious vocal harmonies. Rivers, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO BEST.

I never, ever, ever want to hear this album.