aberdeen-music

The Lucky Rathen Weezer news thread

Lemonade

that video is amazing, it must have taken fucking ages to make it. Any ideas who directed? Was it the big man Spike again?

It is a brilliant video, I don't get all the references (cos I'm not internet cool lollerz rofl!!!11!! etc) but it made me chuckle a few times. What was the guy wearing all the t-shirts from? I remember watching it before but I can't remember if that was on tv or the net or what. I thought it was Brainiac for some reason, but I doubt Weezer watch Brainiac. Love the GI Joes parodys.

From wiki:

It was confirmed on the band's official website that the music video for Pork and Beans would be directed by Matt Cullen.[18]On May 14, 2008, Scott Shriner revealed to Buzznet that the video for "Pork and Beans" will feature a number of YouTube celebrities.

On May 23, 2008, the video premiered on YouTube.

Really?

I mean, really?

Hugely overrated in my opinion, have quite a large worldwide fanbase, which is amazing considering they've prduced utter utter shite as well as great albums in their time.

Surely most bands could be accused of that.

The fact is that Weezer have produced some brilliant tunes and many great albums and they don't seem to get the widespread worship that some bands that have maybe had one decent album recieve.

Surely most bands could be accused of that.

The fact is that Weezer have produced some brilliant tunes and many great albums and they don't seem to get the widespread worship that some bands that have maybe had one decent album recieve.

Thing is. they do though.

They can sell out mid-large sized venues wherever they go in the western world.

I'm not entirely sure you appreciate just how good "Blue" and "Pinkerton" are.

I think Blue is definitely a fantastic album. From what Ive heard of Pinkerton its good, but that was a while back. Im not saying they dont deserve recognition Im just saying its a bit much to say theyre "criminally underrated"

I think Blue is definitely a fantastic album. From what Ive heard of Pinkerton its good, but that was a while back. Im not saying they dont deserve recognition Im just saying its a bit much to say theyre "criminally underrated"

Everything after Pinkerton is shite though, so i would be inclined to agree that they're overrated now. Rivers Cuomo's solo album was nads too. :down:

Psh, I'll take all the Weezer I can get. Very super live.

Mind you, I wouldn't say they're anything but justified critically, although Maladroit is severely underrated. I really really liked Rivers Cuomo's solo collection too. 'Chess' is easily one of the best things he's written. Weezer Weezer Weezer.

I've been getting into weezer again recently, Blue and Pinkerton are still as great as ever. I have absolutely no optimism for the new album though. Make Believe is one of the worst records I've ever bought. There wasn't one good thing about it. It would take a huge turn around in form to provide anything worthwhile.

Nads. The Green Album is still up there as one of my favourite albums of all time, it's their best album by a country mile IMO. And I actually liked Make Believe, it's got some belting songs on it. 5 albums in and I've yet to hear a Weezer song that I haven't absolutely loved.

I think the second halves of both Green and Maladroit are a dip in form but I love all the other albums in their entirety. Make Believe really grew on me and they were great on that tour - played 2 or 3 from Pinkerton which was a delight. Looking forward to this one. :up:

Guest treader.

the red album is overall...average. pork and beans and the greatest man who ever lived are the best things going for it.

i really consider weezer probably one of my favourite bands. but they have definitely gotten worse over the years. blue, pinkerton and green are amazing.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

PS

Nads. The Green Album is still up there as one of my favourite albums of all time, it's their best album by a country mile IMO. And I actually liked Make Believe, it's got some belting songs on it. 5 albums in and I've yet to hear a Weezer song that I haven't absolutely loved.

Are you utterly insane? Beverly Hills?

"Hey Rivers, quit rapping about how your car sucks and being broke - YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE!"