aberdeen-music

Revision Music

davidm

So yeah, I know there's a lot of students on here.

What helps you revise (if you listen to music while revising)?

I think I've finally found the answer for me; anything instrumental seems to have done the trick for me this time around. Lots of Pelican, ISIS, This Will Destroy You, Explosions in the Sky and what have you. Anyone got any other suggestions to really get you in the right frame of mind for revising?

Guest Steven Dedalus

When I was a youngster, I used to listen to "Vitology" by Pearl Jam whilst I revised.

Because I hated that record sooooo much that it seemed to encourage me to get it over and done with.

So yeah, I know there's a lot of students on here.

What helps you revise (if you listen to music while revising)?

I think I've finally found the answer for me; anything instrumental seems to have done the trick for me this time around. Lots of Pelican, ISIS, This Will Destroy You, Explosions in the Sky and what have you. Anyone got any other suggestions to really get you in the right frame of mind for revising?

any sort of white noise is absolutely perfect for revising.

Highly recommend white noise actually. Helps you concentrate a lot better.

The Rocky IV soundtrack is a belter. Every song features amazing exploding drums and it has a song called Training Montage on it that is ideal for any studying that needs to be completed in a three minute time frame. You will want to complete your work, then run up a mountain, shout a bit and wrestle a bear. Mind you back in the day I would have had Manic Street Preachers Holy Bible on the old Hi-Fi. In casette form.

The Ting Tings was actually a good catalyst for my revision the other day too.

The title says "music" man, not ear-rape :up:

When I'm revising I'm usually listening to anything with a calming influence; if it's too fast-paced, aggressive or dynamite it just completely obliterates my train of thought. So for the past couple of weeks I've been spinning a bunch of post-rock (Explosions In The Sky, Mono, etc.), Buck 65, a few select Clint Mansell tracks, and some stuff from the more psychedelic end of the stoner rock spectrum. Afterwards I usually grab a Crowbar CD to blow the cobwebs away.