aberdeen-music

I don't care, I think Coldplay are really good

Guest Giles Walker

I would go as far as saying Coldplay are one of my least favourite bands of all time.

That is just an opinion though.

You guys probably all love Snow Patrol as well.

U R MOR SOBs

Guest Steven Dedalus
I would go as far as saying Coldplay are one of my least favourite bands of all time.

Every fibre of my being wants to agree with you.

But for some reason I can't...

I feel sick.

I

You guys probably all love Snow Patrol as well.

U R MOR SOBs

I was once a right Snowpatrol fanboy.

They used to be a great band, I don't care what anyone says. I saw them at Kef just after Final Straw was released for the first time and they blew my pubescent bollocks off.

'When it's all over...' and 'Songs for Polar Bears' are genius indie albums. They were inventive, original and slightly weird - everything they now aren't. I wonder at what point they decided writing slushy, middle-of-the-road stadium rock was a good idea?

Everytime I overhear some schoolgirl talking about 'Eyes Open' being a great second album, the 13 year old indie-fag inside me seethes with a boiling rage.

Final Straw has got some blinding songs on it. "How To Be Dead", "Spitting Games", "Chocolate", "Run", all great songs and fully deserving of the attention and airplay they received at the time, however Eyes Open has to be one of the biggest disappointments of all time, it's just a dirge, not even Martha Wainwright could save it.

Guest Steven Dedalus
I like Paul Weller's quote in this months Mojo,

they're nice blokes but why the fuck does it take them 2 years to make an album that sounds exactly like the last one

Jesus! He can talk!