aberdeen-music

Euro 2008

french_disko

Austria played better than I thought they would, deserved a point I think.

Definitely. They really surprised me with that performance. Although Boooooolaroooooz should've been sent off in the first half, so some justice was done.

Stuck 20 on 'less than 3 goals' at evens for the Germany v. Poland game, as I feel an upset is on the cards and a draw is due in the tournament.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poland were much poorer than I expected, much like Croatia today. Luckily my low score bet still came through :)

No more bets till the weekend as i'm on holiday for the week in sunny london. Shame I won't get the chance to waste my winnings on Romania beating France with Marius scoring :love:

well, holland are looking pretty strong!

not thinking much of itv putting adverts on while the game is playing though, the incompetent fools.

This game is pretty exciting! Far better than the France game which made me sleepy! Lol.

Yeah, the man must be falling asleep on the advert button!

Aaaaargh, why would you play Van Persie and not Huntelaar! Hunterlaar is a far better player AND he is in my team!! :laughing:

In other news, Yas! Holland actually playing as a team and making that extra effort to chace lost causes. It's like bizzaro world.

Haha.

Mathijsen is in my team and did well!

I think Holland are my team of Euro 2008 now.

Really enjoyed that match! Bring on more games like it I say!! :up:

So far i'm 6 out of 6 on my group accumulator. It'll all go wrong tomorrow I'm sure.

romania arsed mine up today though i also had italy in it so it woulda went tits up this evening anyway. think i'm going to ditch accumulators now, i never pick the right teams. bah.

What a game that was, faith in football restored :up:

France were pish, can managers get sacked during tournaments? Dommenech is an absolute joke. Nice to see an Inverness Caley player appear at a major tournament....surely a first? (Did they have a Canadian player who played in the Gold Cup?)

Italy and Holland to get through that group without a doubt on the evidence of today.

Had the pleasure of watching the Portugal game in Portugal. It seems Sea Snails are the half time snack of choice over pies.

Nice to see an Inverness Caley player appear at a major tournament....surely a first? (Did they have a Canadian player who played in the Gold Cup?)

Caley used to have several Canadian players I seem to remember when they won the gold cup!

Hastings.... Xausa? Some other ones too???

I'm sure the guy deVos that played for scumdee united was in the canadian team too. And the guy Fenwick who used to play for Hibs.

Dunno how or why I remember this. Sad.

Caley used to have several Canadian players I seem to remember when they won the gold cup!

Hastings.... Xausa? Some other ones too???

I'm sure the guy deVos that played for scumdee united was in the canadian team too. And the guy Fenwick who used to play for Hibs.

Dunno how or why I remember this. Sad.

Hastings, that's right, I forgot about Xausa - did the Dons not try to sign him about three times? There's a period of Scottish football in the late 90's/early 00's that I remember all the trivia from due to working behind a quiet bar with all the tabloids at my disposal. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Going to miss the games tonight so I hope they are a disappointment.

predict:

Spain 3-1 Russia

Greece 1-1 Sweden

de Vos did play for Canada, yeah. Apparently scored the winner in the 2000 gold cup final...

He certainly did, cracking player. In fact he's probably one of my favourite Utd players in recent years. I was gutted when he left because he was holding us together, almost in a one man defence style, at the back at the time.

Alas, he has retired now :( As has Xausa who retired from injury a few years ago.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nice to see an Inverness Caley player appear at a major tournament....surely a first? (Did they have a Canadian player who played in the Gold Cup?)

You might be thinking of Colin Miller from the late '90's, pretty sure he played in a lot of Gold Cup games between turning out for Paton's Pars.

Woof!

:up: