aberdeen-music

Euro 2008

french_disko

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't it great with no engerland (and thats coming from an englishman!) - the media arent droning on for hours n hours about their *ahem* chances (when anyone with half a brain knows it would be knocked out in the quarters though under mclaren i doubt they would have got past the first stage).

i'm rooting for germany since me old dear is a kraut but i think its a very open tournament. surely it might be time for those other eternal underachievers spain to win something!

I can't see past Germany.

I don't think I can support anyone as such, but I'll root for the Germans simply because I like the way they play football.

It appears I'm also cheering on Germany after the draw was made for the 2nd sweepstake I'm involved in. Much better :D

i'm rooting for germany since me old dear is a kraut but i think its a very open tournament. surely it might be time for those other eternal underachievers spain to win something!

I've drawn Germany and Russia in a sweeper, 60 back if either of them win, yusssss!
I just got Germany and Poland in the office sweeper.

Mon the krauts!!!!!!

A lot of love for our Teutonic cousins on Aberdeen Music! :laughing:

As long as there's some good football and none of this defensive 4-5-1 pish that we saw at the last tournament, and the world cup, I will be happy.

I think 4-5-1 should be banned as a formation, it is anti-football!!!

Surely there's variations on 4-5-1 though? Do you feel that Spain or Barca play anti-football? Or Arsenal? Personally I think full-backs who can't defend should be banned, so each to their own I suppose.

I'm a tad surprised at the support for Germany! I look upon them as the Rangers of Europe....hope they get humped!

I'm supporting Poland, seeing as there's plenty of their supporters in Aberdeen, and they seem fine enough folk.

Failing that I'll see who's playing the most attacking football, and support them (unless it's Germany, Italy or Spain):up:

As long as there's some good football and none of this defensive 4-5-1 pish that we saw at the last tournament, and the world cup, I will be happy.

I think 4-5-1 should be banned as a formation, it is anti-football!!!

I dunno, like. Germany vs Italy in the World Cup semis was quite possibly the best game I've ever seen. And not just because it won me a lot of money, it was a masterclass in possession fitba and counter-attacking. 4-5-1 can work wonderfully, it's that it's been bastardised by the likes of Rangers in their UEFA Cup travails, giving it a mighty bad name. When played correctly, especially between two great teams, it can be fantastic.

love from Christy

I dunno, like. Germany vs Italy in the World Cup semis was quite possibly the best game I've ever seen. And not just because it won me a lot of money, it was a masterclass in possession fitba and counter-attacking. 4-5-1 can work wonderfully, it's that it's been bastardised by the likes of Rangers in their UEFA Cup travails, giving it a mighty bad name. When played correctly, especially between two great teams, it can be fantastic.

love from Christy

*storm of applause*

:)

Pretty good start to the tournament so far. Czech were really poor as expected, with Portugal looking really tasty.

About 100 up for the day on the gambling front, betting on the Czech game to be low scoring, but for Czech to sneak it. Followed by Portugal beating the Turks.

Thrown it all on Croatia to beat Austria tomorrow at evens. No guts no glory...

:stupid:

Odds have dropped significantly on Croatia since last night; quite glad I got in early. Still a bit nervous though, since I haven't bet this much on one game for a long time.

Not sure that Germany will beat Poland tonight; they haven't won a game at the Euro's since 1996 apparently(!). Although Guillem Balague's enhanced odds of 2/1 double on Croatia and Germany wins is tempting...

If Croatia win, i'll prob bank 150 then stick 50 on 'less than 3 goals' or 'half time draw' for the Germany game.

Fingers crossed today goes well :love: