aberdeen-music

Euro 2008

french_disko

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is fascist (sorry, narrow-minded) about saying that something is beyond my comprehension, then asking a question?

I was trying to understand her point of view by asking questions and putting forward my own views, if that makes me fascist or narrow-minded then the whole world's fucked.

It was more the implication behind what you said that made me think it was meant like that.It came across like a "I don't understand it, so it isn't right" sort of attitude. I also pointed out, seen as though it was something that was said about me that started off the whole thing, my reasons behind it.

I hope you understand it a bit better now.

It was more the implication behind what you said that made me think it was meant like that.It came across like a "I don't understand it, so it isn't right" sort of attitude. I also pointed out, seen as though it was something that was said about me that started off the whole thing, my reasons behind it.

I hope you understand it a bit better now.

So you call me a fascist because you think I implied something.

For the record, I understand you're point of view on this, you've mentioned before how young you were, but Bodast seems to have made the decision in the last few years, and that I don't understand at all, which is why I was asking the questions I was.

Maybe you're a bit trigger happy on the subject because of the ribbing you get on here but don't take it out on me.

So you call me a fascist because you think I implied something.

For the record, I understand you're point of view on this, you've mentioned before how young you were, but Bodast seems to have made the decision in the last few years, and that I don't understand at all, which is why I was asking the questions I was.

Maybe you're a bit trigger happy on the subject because of the ribbing you get on here but don't take it out on me.

Ok, if i misunderstood what you were implying i apologise.

I don't feel the need to "define my identity", I am me. If you're "choosing your own identity" then you're not being yourself.

If you want to be someone else go ahead, but it's not going to change who you are, only who other people think you are.

Okay.

I was trying to make general statements but to explain my own point of view, I never stayed in the same country for that long a time when I was growing up, so I feel a part of all of them but at the same time not a part of any of them (= no national identity?). Then when it comes to football I consider it solely as entertainment and thus don't care who anyone supports and how anyone addresses his/her team.

By "choosing an identity" I simply mean building your identity/personality/life through the decisions you make, and not anything more planned than that.

Okay.

I was trying to make general statements but to explain my own point of view, I never stayed in the same country for that long a time when I was growing up, so I feel a part of all of them but at the same time not a part of any of them (= no national identity?).

I understand now, I didn't know you'd moved around a lot but it all makes sense once you explain that.