aberdeen-music

Euro 2008

french_disko

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finalising a sweepstake with some mates, so that the draw can be made after Czech Rep v. Scotland next fri. I will cheer on whoever I get there...

I'll also support Romania if Marius Niculae survives the cut from 25 players to 23. Currently pricing up Romania strips online right now; cannot believe I didn't buy one after England got put out by them a few years ago :swearing:

i reckon germanys goin to win it.someone was tellin me the other day that supposedly in the run up to the final they wont meet france,italy,holland or spain so uv got ti fancy them to at least make the final cause i cant really see croatia,czech republic,portugal etc beating them just now

I'll be rooting for Turkey, purely for the Newcastle factor (Emre, innit). I fancy Croatia to do some damage and cause a few upsets; they've got a good young manager and some sublime players (Modric, Kranjcar, Kovac, Klasnic, etc.). I think they'll make the semis at the very least.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Tips? supporting anyone?

I'm Scottish, Scotland aren't in it. Therefore, I have no right to support anyone involved in it.

Still looking forward to it, look out for the inevitable Eastern European "dark horse" with a bald defender. Regular 4-way accas at Willie Hill coming up...

:up:

Romania could go far if they get out of their group. I'd say Spain to win it, but I always say that and they always arse it up, so maybe Holland? Italy or Germany are the favourites for me.

France are pish and hopefully they crash and burn.

Huntelaar is 28/1 for the golden boot - I'm having that.

As usual I'll be supporting Italy, I started following them as a kid due to my love of football italia on channel 4. I'm not overly confident about their chances this time round though, their tendency to be slow starters could hit them hard in a group with Holland and France (even though I think this France side is pretty mediocre).

It could be a great chance for Spain to finally win a major tournament. I thnk they possibly have the strongest squad.

Germany have a decent squad and as mentioned they wouldn't have the toughest of runs to the final. I think Holland have a good chance and should make the semis at least.

I usually go for Italy in tournaments.... However, this time round I just can't bring myself to do so after what happened.

So... I am totally unsure! :S

?(

I think either Italy or Germany. Hopefully Italy. The teams changed a lot with Donadoni coming in and Totti retiring, but I reckon it's as strong as any other in the tournament. The midfield in particular, with Gattuso, De Rossi and Pirlo is, in my opinion, the best in the world, at least on paper. There's also a lot of strength in depth with the likes of Barzagli, Ambrosini, Del Piero etc. not starting.

Already excited about Italy-France!

I'm not overly confident about their chances this time round though, their tendency to be slow starters could hit them hard in a group with Holland and France (even though I think this France side is pretty mediocre).

That is a concern. They've got Holland first right? Could well be victims of Holland making a strong but ultimately meaningless start. I reckon Italy will do th necessary to get through the group. Draw with Holland, scraped win over Romania, beat France who'll already have the required 6 points :up:

Probably something to do with a little Scotland vs Italy match.

To be totally honest though, I haven't really given Euro 2008 much of a thought...

So I think I'll just enjoy the tournament as a whole and hope for some good football! :up:

hah christ I'd already forgotten about that. That can't be right!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Germany have a solid squad this year. I'm expecting quarter finals at least but our group could be quite unpredictable.

Our? Is this the royal our?

:up:

I am in Egypt over the Euro's so will need to search out a bar that has it on but chances are there will be loads as I hear the Egyptians are football daft. Toughie this one, lots of teams that can beat each other on the day. I am going to go for two, Portugal and Sweden, semi dark horses that can turn anyone over on their day.